So how does this work?

Hey there, everyone. This election is very different in mechanics from last year’s, and it’s left me with many, many questions that aren’t easily answered, even after checking information. Hopefully people who have actually drawn the reputation card can fill me in on how this works.

1: are there any other ways than one card to get reputation?
2: are the branches on the reputation card repeatable, or is it one cash-in per draw?
3: is reputation reset when you advance in career? If it’s not, how much do you lose per increase?
4: what happens if I go all week without drawing one card? Am I just out of luck? Will that draw rate increase?

The wiki and site have no real info on these questions, so I would like to know what I can from everyone who knows. Hopefully this will help a lot of people who are similarly confused.

No, EDIT: I had misunderstood the question, as others have said it’s not repeatable, no (and it’s kind of buggy - right now some levels give you reputation as you advance), always blame the RNG.
edited by Dudebro Pyro on 6/19/2018

Excellent, thank you. I should be able to work with this, at least if I draw it once, I’ll have enough reputation to hit 20 thanks to midnighter loot.

Because I have to answer the question another way, I answer it, too.

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]1: are there any other ways than one card to get reputation?[/color]

I don´t know any other way and no hints
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]2: are the branches on the reputation card repeatable, or is it one cash-in per draw?[/color]

I wasn´t able to go back. Means 1-5 Reputation/card
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]3: is reputation reset when you advance in career? If it’s not, how much do you lose per increase?[/color]

It don´t reset. For me, the first level leave Reputation unchanged, than I gained Reputation for three level and after that I loose increasing numbers of Reputation/career level. I am level 16 now. I needed 4 Reputation from Level 15->16, I also needed 4 for 14->15. I don´t know, if 16->17 will be again 4 Reputation, or 5. We will see. ;)
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]4: what happens if I go all week without drawing one card? Am I just out of luck? Will that draw rate increase?[/color]
[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]
[/color]
[color=#c2c2c2]Frequeny should be 5x often as normal already. I have drawn 4-5 today. I think you will draw them, too. Or didn´t you removed last year career until now?[/color]

I have removed my last career, everything is theoretically in place for me to draw. So here’s hoping.

OK, either I’m not getting this whole election thing at all, or it’s really not &quotfree to all players&quot as advertised.

I can click on the main election thing, which leads to many options. 1 is to pick a career, which I did (Fixer). Of the rest, 4 of them are just about how the election supposedly works or provide brief sketches of the candidtates which are rather less than shown in this threads of this forum. 2 of them are totally Fate-locked (visiting places with stuff). The other 2, &quotadvancing your election career&quot and &quotopportunities in electioneering&quot have all options locked due to not having any reputation. And that’s it.

NONE of these options give reputation or have any storylets concerning the election or the candidates. So, I went through my deck of &quotopportunity&quot cards. 3 times. Not a single card had anything to do with the election. All were just the same random stuff and the several on-going stories I’m engaged in, just like always. What election? Granted, I’m new so I’ve only got a deck of 6 with only 2 visible at once, but the supposedly &quotsuper-abundant&quot election-specific cards are far less abundant than the same stuff I’ve been getting every day since I started playing.

So, I’m totally dead-ended here. Am I missing something or is this whole election thing only for POSIs and Fate players?
edited by Bullethead on 6/19/2018
edited by Bullethead on 6/19/2018

It’s just deck RNG. Just keep flipping.

You will be able to pick one FATE item for free after the 1st week is over when you have to pick which candidate you are voting for. Which FATE items are available to pick from depends on your Campaign Career and which candidate you decided to back.

So I found out the card doesn’t let you donate items more than once per draw. However, the first 5 level gains INCREASE your reputation instead of reduce it by the appropriate amount, effectively giving me 5 free ranks.

I did. About the 5th time through the deck, I finally got an election-related card. In fact, I got it twice in a row, then a 3rd time a bit later. This card was called &quotAdvance your Reputation&quot or something similar. Green background with a picture of a guy striding along holding some small red object up overhead. Anyway, this card simply enabled me to trade favor with several factions for rep. Which means I can now go to that link off the main election story where you trade in rep for some undisclosed thing.

So, is that it? If so, I’m rather disappointed. Seeing things like &quotinvestigate the candidates&quot and being &quotthe voice on the barricade&quot led me to believe there was going to be much more direct participation. You know, actual investigative storylets like you find normally on Ladybones Rd., various brawl and/or debate storylets, etc. As it is, though, I’m just using up my favors without getting any corresponding renown with those factions, and it ain’t easy to get the favors to begin with. So I’m thinking of ignoring this whole electioneering thing from now on.

I did. About the 5th time through the deck, I finally got an election-related card. In fact, I got it twice in a row, then a 3rd time a bit later. This card was called &quotAdvance your Reputation&quot or something similar. Green background with a picture of a guy striding along holding some small red object up overhead. Anyway, this card simply enabled me to trade favor with several factions for rep. Which means I can now go to that link off the main election story where you trade in rep for some undisclosed thing.

So, is that it? If so, I’m rather disappointed. Seeing things like &quotinvestigate the candidates&quot and being &quotthe voice on the barricade&quot led me to believe there was going to be much more direct participation. You know, actual investigative storylets like you find normally on Ladybones Rd., various brawl and/or debate storylets, etc. As it is, though, I’m just using up my favors without getting any corresponding renown with those factions, and it ain’t easy to get the favors to begin with. So I’m thinking of ignoring this whole electioneering thing from now on.[/quote]

That comes later. Everything you mentioned but brawls happened in previous elections.

So, is that it? If so, I’m rather disappointed. Seeing things like &quotinvestigate the candidates&quot and being &quotthe voice on the barricade&quot led me to believe there was going to be much more direct participation. You know, actual investigative storylets like you find normally on Ladybones Rd., various brawl and/or debate storylets, etc. As it is, though, I’m just using up my favors without getting any corresponding renown with those factions, and it ain’t easy to get the favors to begin with. So I’m thinking of ignoring this whole electioneering thing from now on.[/quote]

That comes later. Everything you mentioned but brawls happened in previous elections.

It’s not undisclosed. Your rank in your election career plus your Notability determines the weight of your vote in the ultimate tally. That’s laid out explicitly. You can also spend small amounts of Reputation on the candidates’ cards to get additional lore about them and the other candidates.

It is very true, however, that the green &quotFurther your Reputation&quot card appears awfully sparsely for a card that claims to be Abundant.