Sneak Peek. Shh! Don't tell!

Well, given the most expedient means of acquiring them, at least for me at the moment. You’re not collecting them so much as crafting them. So if it helps, think of them as bonsai volcanoes that you have to cultivate.

I’ll repeat a note I made on Facebook here:

The turtle would be lovely. That said, this is a lot of hype for just a handful of inventory items. In fact, I notice they all seem to be linked to factions! The tortoise for revolutionaries, the kitten for urchins, and the raven for tomb colonists are clear. I would guess the bloodhound is with the constables, and the mole with criminals (and thus also the constables, clearly). This all seems to imply something more is going on. What are you playing at here? My guess: These are pets that unlock through faction-specific storylines that add Connected when equipped.

[quote=Patrick Reding]I’ll repeat a note I made on Facebook here:

The turtle would be lovely. That said, this is a lot of hype for just a handful of inventory items. In fact, I notice they all seem to be linked to factions! The tortoise for revolutionaries, the kitten for urchins, and the raven for tomb colonists are clear. I would guess the bloodhound is with the constables, and the mole with criminals (and thus also the constables, clearly). This all seems to imply something more is going on. What are you playing at here? My guess: These are pets that unlock through faction-specific storylines that add Connected when equipped.[/quote]

Huh, that would be quite interesting. I can’t think of it as very likely, though, just because it seems like a bit of a shot in the dark.

I was actually more interested in another part of the review…

"[i]The upcoming update includes […] social cliques to join and betray"

[/i]Are there any clique changes in sight, or was it referring to the already existing mechanics?

[color=#009900]We’re hoping the next tranche of clique changes are weeks away. But we can’t give a definite date.[/color]

I’ll stay tuned. Keep up the good work!

Addition: I just got a Hungover Terrier!