Sneak Peek. Shh! Don't tell!

[color=00ffff]Something special for the weekend crowd: a sneaky snippet of concept art for some upcoming content. [/color]
[color=00ffff]
[/color]
[color=00ffff]Who are these splendid creatures? Could they have something to do with a recent update that lets you rename certain things in your inventory? And what has that bloodhound seen that has scarred him so?[/color]

edited by Chris Gardiner on 1/28/2012

I want that mole

Hey is that Urthdigger in the lower part of the image? and the turtles are magnificent, I get the suddent urge to re-read “Turtle Diary” by Russell Hoban (quite an underrated book in my opinion).

very nice.

I need to keep a better eye on MisterArendt’s page. :-)
edited by Endy on 1/29/2012

Wow! How lovely and intriguing.

Nice. But where’s the Okapi?

Ooh! New companions! Delightful! I do think the hound dog needs a house or at least a food bowl.

~MF
A Lady with pets

The Okapi is watching you. Judging you. All fear the Overokapi.

The Okapi is watching you. Judging you. All fear the Overokapi.[/quote]
The streets are watching you. All fear the Overstreet!

The hound doesn’t look frightened, he looks determined and judgmental.

The Okapi is watching you. Judging you. All fear the Overokapi.[/quote]
The streets are watching you. All fear the Overstreet!

The hound doesn’t look frightened, he looks determined and judgmental.[/quote]

Fallen London’s new economy rules are watching you. All fear the Overcharge!

The hound reminds me of a grumpy old dog showing disappoint in the behaviour of youngsters. He’s got the typical “In my times…” look XD
edited by streetfelineblue on 1/30/2012

I’ve been noticing a lot of new art lately. I suppose this is either connected to the upcoming content or an attempt to make the artistic theme more consistent.

Also, my Brilliant Souls are blue now. Clearly I must find them a warmer shelf.

…And Deep Amber strangely resembles a pear now O_o On the other side, the new icon for Amanita Sherry ROCKS!

Warm amber and Trembling amber have changed colors as well, as have certain books. Also, the icon for the cheerful goldfish has changed. And weren’t Mysteries of the Elder Continent tiger faces before? Now they’re volcanoes.

The tiger thing is the only thing I really mourn, I had so much fun pretending that an explorer jsut gave me a mysterious tiger. I cant really pretend that I collect volcanoes… wait a minute, its me we’re talking about, of course I can imagine that…

The tiger thing is the only thing I really mourn, I had so much fun pretending that an explorer jsut gave me a mysterious tiger. I cant really pretend that I collect volcanoes… wait a minute, its me we’re talking about, of course I can imagine that…[/quote]

Judging by the sorts of things that have found their way into my pockets in the past, neither tigers nor volcanoes strike me as particularly unusual things to collect.

[color=00ffff]The Escapist have a little more information and some finished art over here. Take a look![/color]

I just saw the article when exactly are these pets dropping?

I despise how entertainment news of all sorts tends to thinly-veiled advertising in lieu of sincere, critical review. But that turtle’s charming, at least.

I remember sidebar text explaining that 'neathy ravens are white - is that a surface raven then? Bah. I’d much prefer a 'neath parrot, from across the zee. With an eyepatch. That helps with zailing.

The turtle on the other hand looks to be a fine stalwart companion.

This week!? You certainly know how to tantalize us.