Slowcake's Amanuensis- Glitched or Updated?

I am currently trying to make my third character, Lukas Uller, a Professional Murderer (yes I know that sounds morbid).

Now, by ‘glitched’ I mean that the formula for computing &quotMaking Waves&quot seems to be off. The forumal on the wiki for seeing how much Making Waves you need for a straightforward roll on making notability is as follows:

Making Waves [20 - (B+D+R) + 6 * N] (If this value ends up below 1; use 1)

I already have a notability of 1 and my character has a Dread of 6 and a Bizzare of 5. Meaning…

Making Waves [20 - (5 + 6 + 0) + 6 * 1]

This should equal 15, which I think means that I should be able to have a straightforward at 15. here’s the thing though, my Making Waves is now 17 and I was easily able to make it to straightforward at 15 the first time around. And at Making Waves 17 I only reach 68% of making it on a roll. Now, I have put three days into this process and I am a little concerned about making a mistake. So either that notability variable inserted offsets the equation more than I realized or something was extracted from the process to make it more difficult for me. Or, just as likely, the team made it more difficult to achieve notability and now it is significantly harder to make a straightforward.

What do you guys think?

[quote=Owen Wulf]I am currently trying to make my third character, Lukas Uller, a Professional Murderer (yes I know that sounds morbid).

Now, by ‘glitched’ I mean that the formula for computing &quotMaking Waves&quot seems to be off. The forumal on the wiki for seeing how much Making Waves you need for a straightforward roll on making notability is as follows:

Making Waves [20 - (B+D+R) + 6 * N] (If this value ends up below 1; use 1)

I already have a notability of 1 and my character has a Dread of 6 and a Bizzare of 5. Meaning…

Making Waves [20 - (5 + 6 + 0) + 6 * 1]

This should equal 15, which I think means that I should be able to have a straightforward at 15. here’s the thing though, my Making Waves is now 17 and I was easily able to make it to straightforward at 15 the first time around. And at Making Waves 17 I only reach 68% of making it on a roll. Now, I have put three days into this process and I am a little concerned about making a mistake. So either that notability variable inserted offsets the equation more than I realized or something was extracted from the process to make it more difficult for me. Or, just as likely, the team made it more difficult to achieve notability and now it is significantly harder to make a straightforward.

What do you guys think?[/quote]

Not necessarily. Consider the following:

1. I have NEVER seen a straightforward result in attempting to increase my Notability, and I’ve tried for it with Notability at 3 already and a Making Waves at 20.
  2. My maximum scores for Dreaded, Bizarre and Respectable are, respectively, 8, 7, and 7 for a total of 22, and I maxed them out before my last Notability attempt.
  3. Even with bribes, etc. to increase my Making Waves, I’ve never gotten my chance for making Notability above (I think) &quotvery chancy&quot (about 56% I think), though I have not failed (so far) when making the attempt at that level.

Perhaps the Wiki formula was based on old information? Perhaps FBG changed the formula?

Shouldn’t Notability at 3 already make the check significantly more difficult?

I thought, however, that challenges were a 60% shot when your attribute was equal to the challenge difficulty, rather than straightforward.
[li]

Yeah uh if your making waves was equal to the challenge difficulty you’d get 60% odds, not 100%. That’s what the formula is based off of.

Oh, that makes sense. Very sorry about the mix up. The problem is solved for me atleast, I got a good roll at 72% with my Making Waves quality at 18. I may have been a little presumptuous earlier.