Sewing the Correspondence

It is said that the Correspondence cannot be written on such mundane things as paper, or else there is a significant risk of things spontaneously combusting. So I had a thought, perhaps if I stitched it into cloth, it would allow the cloth time to adjust and not catch fire…

… So I’ve created a Correspondence Plaque. Of sorts. To be honest I’m tempted to try metal etching.[li][/li][li]
edited by Armand D’Alterac on 2/22/2014

Brilliant, just brilliant.

I’ve just completed my second project. Not a brilliant picture, I’m working on getting a better one uploaded eventually, but here, behold the Sampler of the Correspondence! In past days, people would create what were known as ‘samplers’, a piece of scrap cloth seamstresses and embroiderers would keep with them, and when they saw a new pattern they would quickly sew a copy of it onto the cloth, being a ‘sample’ of the new pattern.

Over time, as books for cross stitch and embroidery became more common and patterns were published, this practise was slowly dropped, and a ‘sampler’ instead became a sort of ‘educational tool’ where people would demonstrate the stitches and patterns they had learned, and also practise their skills. Often they contained the alphabet, a Bible verse, numbers 0-9, borders, flowers, all manner of things.

I designed the sampler below to be an example of Correspondence script in the manner of the ‘alphabet’, and tried to reflect, at least in part, the worlds above and the world below. The ordered chaos of the Empire. The chaotic order of the Bazaar.

[li]
edited by Armand D’Alterac on 3/9/2014

[quote=Armand D’Alterac]I designed the sampler below to be an example of Correspondence script in the manner of the ‘alphabet’, and tried to reflect, at least in part, the worlds above and the world below. The ordered chaos of the Empire. The chaotic order of the Bazaar.[/quote]&quotAnd here you see, knitted where it can be looked upon without immediate harm, the most dangerous of all the Correspondence Sigils currently known to scholars.&quot