Several Questions

Evening friends wait is it evening? With no sun one can never tell… Anyway I’m curious about a few things that are vital to my plans here in the Bazaar and I hope I can find some answers.

1: My Ambition is the Heart’s Desire and I’m stuck on the Topsy King part. I keep trying to do make some sense out of him but I just lose my items I need and I don’t get anywhere even if I succeed. I only have two Implications but none of the mysteries I own will give me one so where can I find one? O and Maladies of Goat volume 1.

2: I must say I enjoy The Brass Embassy how can I find more of these charming and well respected aristocrats from hell?

3: I’m trying to woo myself into the regal courts but ho do I get ‘inspired’ quality?

4: I’m a writer but after my very long haitus I came back and my Persuasiveness is too high my current job is useless… How do I get a better one?

Well, as everything in this fallen city, there are lots of actions that provide some small insight on the Brass Embassy, as a resident of one of the guest rooms myself I can say it just looks like a residence for hard-working devils, but there are the basements, one hears of infernal intelligence down there.
As of your ambition, I don’t really remember what you need to discover the King’s desire but you should keep a kind eye on that monkey and visit the Palace.
This brings us to the works on that ungrateful place, if you are already working on your reputation on the court there will appear lots of storylets for raising inspired after you speak about your next work on quiet days with the Veteran Privy Counsellor, as &quotnature in the neath&quot or even visiting the brass embassy, so there you go, two birds with one stone.
edited by Henrique Brito on 9/14/2015
edited by Henrique Brito on 9/14/2015

What’s your current level of Ambition: Heart’s Desire - the Topsy King? Your description sounds like you’re at level 9. Your first option at this point is to purchase a new copy of Maladies of Goats for three Journals of Infamy, which can be obtained by using Appalling Secrets from your inventory. However, the only action that will advance you farther through the storyline is the one requiring a Patent Scrutinizer Deluxe! These are pretty expensive at 320 echoes from the Bazaar, but they’re a decent Watchful weapon and unlock options in a few other places, so if you have some spare cash it’s not a bad choice. The other option is the challenge requiring Extraordinary Implications, which are a little more complicated to obtain (fortunately the challenge only consumes them on success). The best way for you to get one is by using a Tale of Terror!! from your inventory on the luck check option, which is about 70% chance of success, and using the safe option on the resulting Sense of Deja Vu.

To gain a better profession, you’ll have to abandon your current one at your lodgings. You’ll then see an option to choose another training profession, or with enough Connected (and possibly other items/qualities) you can choose a better profession on various Faction cards.

[quote=DevilishWolf]
4: I’m a writer but after my very long haitus I came back and my Persuasiveness is too high my current job is useless… How do I get a better one?[/quote]

A common lament of writers. Go to your lodgings, select &quotWrite letters&quot + &quotChoose a new profession&quot. If you are mostly persuasive then you’re probably the poet kind of writer, so you can switch to enquirer, which is more or less a beginner journalist, and that’s still a writer. Sort of.

Or you could take up violence. Or crime…
edited by yetanotherone on 9/14/2015

[quote=DevilishWolf]1: My Ambition is the Heart’s Desire and I’m stuck on the Topsy King part. I keep trying to do make some sense out of him but I just lose my items I need and I don’t get anywhere even if I succeed. I only have two Implications but none of the mysteries I own will give me one so where can I find one? O and Maladies of Goat volume 1.[/quote]http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Ambition:Heart%27s_Desire-_the_Topsy_King

[quote=DevilishWolf]2: I must say I enjoy The Brass Embassy how can I find more of these charming and well respected aristocrats from hell?[/quote]http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Connected:_Hell_Gain

[quote=DevilishWolf]3: I’m trying to woo myself into the regal courts but how do I get ‘inspired’ quality?[/quote]http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Inspired…_Gain

[quote=DevilishWolf]4: I’m a writer but after my very long hiatus I came back and my Persuasiveness is too high my current job is useless… How do I get a better one?[/quote]http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category%3AProfession