Sentience in Fallen London

I suspect most animals of being sentient, personally.

This snippet from the Wars of Illusion suggests bats are - if maybe not vocal, sentient:

I don’t have the quote for it right now, but one of the options for the Hungover Terrier results in him coming home and ‘telling you things’ which suggests dogs, too, talk.

All of this riveting discussion causes myself to wonder… what precisely does Devil taste like? (Sulpherous, most likely.) Not, of course, that I would ask them in polite company but I would be surprised if there were not someone in the City - most like of the infernal persuasion themselves - who does not know.

The Infernal Sommelier would probably know. It seems like the sort of thing that would come up in his work.

I am more interested in the taste of the Overgoat. When I get rich enough, that is. Probably wash it down with a serving of that damnably expensive cider, too.

I am more interested in the taste of the Overgoat. When I get rich enough, that is. Probably wash it down with a serving of that damnably expensive cider, too.[/quote]

Better said “When I’ll be either persuasive enough or dangerous enough to avoid it do destroy me VERY gruesomely for having tried to eat him” XDDD