Selling the Location to the Nadir

Ellu, It’s me again.

I’ve been poking around the forums, and the last thread on this was locked. My question is slightly different.

What uses to the items the 4 different factions (who are interested in buying the Location from the Nadir) will give you?

For example, the Great Game. I’m highly tempted by that one-- Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell. Worth a whole whopping 1562.50 Echoes!
Then there is the Urchins, who have a Starstone Demark. Worth 312.50 echoes. I’m also currently closest to the Urchins. I dunno why, but I like the raggedy little scamps.

I know Hell and the Revolutionaries are offering things too, but I have no interest in dealing with either of them. I don’t like devils, (they took my soul and then carelessly allowed it to get lost!), and I do not approve of the Liberation of Night.

My question that I pose to you, my Delicious friends; what uses do these two items have? It would be a right shame if I took the Reported Location and found I couldn’t use it for more then selling for Echoes. I mean, I know it’s a lot of echos… and that’s a good thing. But surely something that expensive, rare, and important might have an interesting story attached to it.

Of course, if there’s not a lot of stories that either item can be used for, I understand that I could horde it (just in case a story comes along that requires it in the future.)

The location has a use in the heart’s desire ambition and can be used to upgrade your lodgings to a brass sanctum outside of Sackmas. The demark has no current use. You can use the organza if you’re planning a wedding, and Master’s Blood can be swapped for a copy of the Crimson book when De Gustibus comes around. The items can be obtained in other ways, but the process of getting them can be onerous, so it’s worth hanging onto them in case an important use for them appears.

A Starstone Demark can be obtained from one of the Relickers, if you have enough scraps. So can the reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell (though it requires a LOT of scraps). Master’s Blood can be obtained from the Portly Sommelier if you have enough flasks of Tears of the Bazaar. So bear that in mind in deciding which party you sell to, also. P.S. I like the Urchins, myself.

None of the items have much of any real use outside collecting. The Location and Master’s Blood can be used to upgrade lodgings but it’s far more expensive than using lacre. The Location is used during Heart’s Desire but the story gives one in the previous step.

remember one think though, the veil and the starstone are worth 315 echoes and the others 1500 (the veil and the starstone are easier to get too)
and you should remember that selling the cave to a faction boost you connection (i think 300 cps) and gives you closest too to that faction
edited by wraith on 2/7/2016

Alrighty then. I think I’ll keep the Location to myself for now. Thank you for your answers. ^_^

I would say, if you must get one, get the master’s blood.

Location of a prince of hell is a scraps payout, but if you need it, (for ambition), the game provides it at much less than the full 1562.5 echoes that it should cost, though it’s non-repeatable, and therefore not a possible grind.

Master’s blood is quite valuable. ofc, it might bite you eventually, but if it doesn’t, or until then, choosing the masters is the best option.

From a item-collecting completionist standpoint, all four of the possible items are obtainable only one other way (outside of the plot-relevant Location in He art’s Desire), and the Master’s Blood is the only one of the four item’s that’s not a Scraps grind. I’ve been collecting scraps since I started in Fallen London 11 months ago and am only halfway to my first top-tier scraps exchange, and the Master’s Blood only took about a solid month of Wine grinding once I ran out of non-grinding things to do, and I’m halfway to my second one.

Of course, if you have RP reasons for your choice, ignore all of this. (I’ve never sold mine and never intend to.)

[quote=Unlogic]From a item-collecting completionist standpoint, all four of the possible items are obtainable only one other way (outside of the plot-relevant Location in He art’s Desire), and the Master’s Blood is the only one of the four item’s that’s not a Scraps grind. I’ve been collecting scraps since I started in Fallen London 11 months ago and am only halfway to my first top-tier scraps exchange, and the Master’s Blood only took about a solid month of Wine grinding once I ran out of non-grinding things to do, and I’m halfway to my second one.

Of course, if you have RP reasons for your choice, ignore all of this. (I’ve never sold mine and never intend to.)[/quote]
In a similar vein to the above, you will get opportunities to upgrade wines for as long as you play. From a standpoint of opportunity-cost, M___'s B___d is by far the least obtrusive 15xx Echo item to get. You’ll get wine through play even without grinding. A Presumptuous Little Opportunity will give you something to do with it and you won’t glare at the card every time it comes up.

As can be seen here, two of the items are far more valueable than the other two
of the 1562 items, the Masters’ blood is available through trading on opportunity cards, the Reported Location is not.

The choice seemed clear to me, but i was planning on living at the brass embassy anyway. if you prefer the bazaar i’d say go with the blood

[quote=MrBurnside][quote=Unlogic]From a item-collecting completionist standpoint, all four of the possible items are obtainable only one other way (outside of the plot-relevant Location in He art’s Desire), and the Master’s Blood is the only one of the four item’s that’s not a Scraps grind. I’ve been collecting scraps since I started in Fallen London 11 months ago and am only halfway to my first top-tier scraps exchange, and the Master’s Blood only took about a solid month of Wine grinding once I ran out of non-grinding things to do, and I’m halfway to my second one.

Of course, if you have RP reasons for your choice, ignore all of this. (I’ve never sold mine and never intend to.)[/quote]
In a similar vein to the above, you will get opportunities to upgrade wines for as long as you play. From a standpoint of opportunity-cost, M___'s B___d is by far the least obtrusive 15xx Echo item to get. You’ll get wine through play even without grinding. A Presumptuous Little Opportunity will give you something to do with it and you won’t glare at the card every time it comes up.[/quote]
I would disagree. iff you’re going after the noman- which will now give actual, tattoo un-related rewards, quite possibly unavailible anywhere else. The M_____'s blood is better, since you’ll spend a lot of time trying to grab [Messenger’s despair]. You’ll get scraps throughout your career, and you’ll likely have enough for the full set before heptagoat OR cider, much less both, before you need to get it.

EDIT of an edit: NVM. I thought the requirement was that you didn’t have any. i was wrong.
edited by Grenem on 2/8/2016
edited by Grenem on 2/9/2016

If De Gustibus appears at some point relatively soon (no guarantee on this), go for the blood, because of the special trade. If you are planning to marry another player and want an Extravagant Wedding, the Ivory Organza is one of the two top tier items that can make getting the very special item easier to get. It would be cheaper to get the more expensive items and trade scraps for this, but if you are in a hurry, it might work. If you don’t need any of the others specifically, the Reported Location is smarter, because it is harder to get than the other expensive item.
edited by th8827 on 2/9/2016

Snip[/quote]
I would disagree. iff you’re going after the noman- which will now give actual, tattoo un-related rewards, quite possibly unavailible anywhere else. The M_____'s blood is better, since you’ll spend a lot of time trying to grab [Messenger’s despair]. You’ll get scraps throughout your career, and you’ll likely have enough for the full set before heptagoat OR cider, much less both, before you need to get it.[/quote]
That’s a really good point and one I’d missed when looking at the announcement. Finding out what the &quothigh-value item&quot is might really change the calculus here.

As a side note the &quot[Messenger’s despair]&quot was a great euphemism.

[quote=Grenem]
EDIT: and on top of that, if you have ambition: heart’s desire, you’ll lose it, and there’s a one-time, much easier way to get it for the ambition, but only availible if you don’t have a location. [/quote]

I am preeety sure it’s not “only available if you don’t have it”. You can get it that way even if you already had it (and then you have to spend one of them to progress).

[quote=xKiv][quote=Grenem]
EDIT: and on top of that, if you have ambition: heart’s desire, you’ll lose it, and there’s a one-time, much easier way to get it for the ambition, but only availible if you don’t have a location. [/quote]

I am preeety sure it’s not &quotonly available if you don’t have it&quot. You can get it that way even if you already had it (and then you have to spend one of them to progress).[/quote]

I bought it through the ambition while already having a copy, so that’s not an issue.

I do remember seeing someone here who had it and sold it - they didn’t lose the ambition but they can’t progress until they scrape up together enough to buy it from the relickers.

Ivory Organza is very potent for increasing Organizing a Wedding but not necessary for higher values. In fact the most efficient way to raise Organizing is becoming a Rat-Catcher and farming rats in Watchmaker’s Hill. With max Dangerous, a single player can grind to Organizing 10,000 through this method in around 25 days.