Sell lodgings?

I’m looking for a way to remove certain Lodgings that I no longer require (and am kinda tired of their less-than helpful Opportunity Cards). I believe there used to be a way to do it, as I thought I once owned a Lair In The Marshes but don’t currently have it.

I’m currently residing within a cosy, quiet, Zee Znail’s Zhell, and no longer have need for the keys to a Rooftop Shack, Cottage By The Observatory, Decommissioned Steamer, and/or the Rooms Above either a Bookshop or Gambling Den.
At the time I bought them because they seemed new and interesting, but the novelty has long-since worn off and they’re needlessly diluting my opportunity deck.

How do I rid myself of unwanted lodgings?

(At the very least, can I scrawl a correspondence sigil on a paper plane, throw it into my Steamer, then repeat the process six more times and walk away from the ensuing conflagration? Or failing that, use my Revolutionary connections for insurance fraud purposes?)
edited by Kittenpox on 5/30/2015

Selling lodgings isn’t an option yet, but apparently it’s in the works. I’m looking forward to dropping a Lodging or two as well.

I don’t believe that you can currently sell them. I would, however, like to point out that you’re unfairly maligning the Rooftop Shack (assuming that you are friendly with the repentant forger. There’s an option on that card that’s worth taking.

Oh, and the gambling den is a nice MW earner from Nights on the Town (admittedly a situational use).
edited by RandomWalker on 5/30/2015

I want to be able to sell my lodgings, disband the Criminal Gang affiliation I have and get rid of some of my furniture so that I don’t have to deal with all of these cards. If they ever get around to making this possible I will be a happy man.

edited by Owen Wulf on 5/30/2015

You can get rid of all your lodgings in a late stage of SMEN in one go in the past.

I’d also appreciate the ability to sell lodgings (or even remove them for free). Right now it feels like we’re being punished for buying them in early game every time we draw the useless opportunity cards.
The better solution might be to actually make the cards useful. But hey, we bought them, we deserve to be able to get rid of them.

Oh and make Warm Amber sellable too. Please?

[quote=Danko]
Oh and make Warm Amber sellable too. Please?[/quote]

My impression is that this is intentional both from the mechanical and flavour perspective. The flavour of amber (for… reasons) is that you are encouraged by the Rubberies to keep exchanging it and otherwise dealing with it. I believe the intended method of disposing of Warm Amber is to accumulate enough to exchange it for Trembling Amber and that sell that. Not efficient, obviously, but as I said I believe that’s the intention based on Rubbery lore.

Certifiable scraps are your friends, mates.

Glad to hear it! :D

Alas, while I live in Australia (and our current political leader makes it feel like we’re in the '50s), that’s not quite enough to let me begin Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name. :-p

Someday I hope to SMEN (but probably on an Alt), though I began playing sometime after it had been closed off so I’ve never played any of its contents.

[quote=RandomWalker]I don’t believe that you can currently sell them. I would, however, like to point out that you’re unfairly maligning the Rooftop Shack (assuming that you are friendly with the repentant forger. There’s an option on that card that’s worth taking.
Oh, and the gambling den is a nice MW earner from Nights on the Town (admittedly a situational use)[/quote]

I’ve never really bothered with that one, not knowing much of the value of wine. Though after doing a bit of research, I can see why that would be a useful one. Normally I’d ditch that card and draw the next one. Now I know that it’s perhaps not the most economical way to use that card. ^_^
(At present the Repentful Forger adores me, though I have acquired a certain painting frame which, as Fate would have it, may soon upset that friendship.)

The gambling den isn’t useful to me, as I’ve been banking MW in my Salon until I have use for more Notability (currently my Engaged in a Scheme is at level 19). Because I haven’t been using it or seen actions which require it (aside from becoming a Correspondent, which is cool but isn’t as useful as being an Author right now), I distributed some Notability to a few players and am back down to 7.

True, but when I went from over 200 to less than ten after handing armful over armful for recertification, I’m kinda done with Certifiable Scraps nowadays. Either I accumulate them painfully slowly, one by one, or I risk a repeat of what happened where it all gets gambled away to nothing. I’m back up to 113 now, and maybe they’ll be useful to me later - but it doesn’t feel like a helpful investment right now.
edited by Kittenpox on 5/31/2015

Ah, yes, I wouldn’t recommend gambling with them. Just accumulate them slowly through the various actions that award them and you’ll not suffer any frustration.

[quote=Kittenpox]True, but when I went from over 200 to less than ten after handing armful over armful for recertification, I’m kinda done with Certifiable Scraps nowadays. Either I accumulate them painfully slowly, one by one, or I risk a repeat of what happened where it all gets gambled away to nothing. I’m back up to 113 now, and maybe they’ll be useful to me later - but it doesn’t feel like a helpful investment right now.
[/quote]
Like Sara said, never, ever gamble you’re scraps. That’s a terrible idea. There is a reason they call it gambling.
Gathering scraps is slow, but it’s a really good pay off in the long run. It allows you to obtain items that you could not otherwise normally get and allows quick access to items that are an otherwise painful grind.
It doesn’t seem like it no because it’s not an instant reward, but getting scraps from those lodging cards will pay off.
Take it from a long time player, build up those scraps one by one until you’ve amassed a healthy collection.
You’ll be glad you did.

Thing is, the lodgings people want to sell give one or two scraps. As the scraps are best used to purchase 1562.2 echo items, and you need 3200 to do so, they’re basically worth less than half an echo each. As the purchased items are currently not used anywhere useful (two are used on the Winking Isle, which is SMEN specific, and one can be used as a very expensive alternative to waiting for the Wicket game to open), getting them quicker doesn’t offer much advantage.

You might as well stick to getting scraps from the Royal Bethlehem and the Bazaar, where at least the nominal EPA is greater than 1. It’ll take longer, but you’ll be better off when you get there.