Seeking Leathery Hearts

Just as the title says, I’m seeking the leathery branded hearts gotten from Unfinished Men. I have two of them, but I can’t for the life of me remember where I got them from. And I need five for something at the University. Does anyone remember what area they’re in, and possibly the storylet I need to play?

You get them from hunting Jack of Smiles in Watchmaker’s Hill.

Ah, thank you!

You’re welcome you’re welcome. :)

Ahaha, my mouse is messing up and double-clicks sometimes. :)

Beware trading those hard-won Leathery Hearts at the University. >>[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]When you trade them away, you get nothing in return. Not even a good story.[/color]<<

It was my biggest disappointment in the game, and it made me start using the wikis from that point on to avoid further crushings of my spirit.

[quote=Blast_Fantastic]Beware trading those hard-won Leathery Hearts at the University. >>[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]When you trade them away, you get nothing in return. Not even a good story.[/color]<<

It was my biggest disappointment in the game, and it made me start using the wikis from that point on to avoid further crushings of my spirit.[/quote]

It increases your connections to revolutionaries, and I believe it’s one of the few reliable ways to do so that doesn’t come with other downsides like increased suspicion. Connections are very valuable, so this is not a very bad thing at all.

It’s a very, very small increase to Revolutionaries though, and requires a significant investment of time to collect those hearts. Any other method of increasing Revolutionaries is better, and with the saved actions, you can easily get rid of your Suspicion.

Giving a Revolutionary increase allows the implication to be made that they are involved in creating Jacks.

Or in [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]returning tithe-hearts to the Hundreds[/color].

That’s actually a very good point. I consider the Revolutionaries to be more interested in the Iron Republic than there, but it’s not implausible. They’d be happy to spit in the Master’s faces.

Huh, wasn’t aware it’s a small amount. That is disappointing then.