Seeking Dilemma

Greetings.

So, first off, I wish to say this: personally, I have no interest in seeking the name. However, last I checked the person I married in FL does. He’s a good friend, and being a supportive significant other, I wish to aid him on his foolish and self desctructive quest should he wish to do it and wants my help (Although i have of course asked him not to persue this since as we all know it is a self destructive effort). Abandoning him, not helping him, or trying to talk him out of it if he wants to is not a option unlless he does not wish my help, so do not suggest that (Except in jest of course XD )

So some advice on how I can best support him on this fool’s errard would be appreciated.

Set up an alt on Heart’s Desire, grind Cryptic Clue, spam your main with Coins thefts, grind First City Coins and feed your dear friend.

Send Mysterious Packages whenever possible. Rats bag are also a good choice because it is 1 Echo with no action cost for your friend.

More importantly, tell him there is no point in dipping his toes in. Either see it to the bitter end no matter what or just don’t get started, because giving up is the worst situation possible in SMEN no matter what - sunk cost fallacy without the fallacy, you see. Even if it cost a marriage.

I feel for you Kylestien.

My particular friend and I have agreed to not Seek, for now. However everything I’m hearing is soo very tempting – and she is as curious as I.

But with our circumstances so different I fear all I can offer is this: Talk often and deeply, then you can learn better the prices he must pay, and help him pay them if possible. I hear there are many menaces involved, perhaps you can help bear some of those. I fear I’ve no other ideas to impart.

{edit: I do not think I could give up a marriage Estelle, if that’s a price then I ought never Seek – though I suppose one could then re-marry and enjoy the wedding preparations a second time, so perhaps I might consider it.}

edited by absimiliard on 6/8/2016

…If you have a starveling cat you can always help by sending the cat to each other to increase UP, but this will also increase you UP(It may have been changed but the last time it was tested it seemed to give UP)…

…I didn’t say this, the Name is not real, seeking is a hoax.

Menace reduction like whoa.

I don’t know if it will be the same this time but one of the stages in SMEN previously did ask for sacrifices - one of which was your spouse. Fortunately for you there were alternatives.

Thanks Ciel, nice to get confirmation of my boundaries, and know that they WILL be pushed if I Seek.

If it comes to that, then I will pay that price. But I pray it wil not come to that.

absimiliard
Just saw your edit above - if that option does appear in this version of Seeking I would suggest a temporary divorce rather than sacrificing the marriage to seeking. At least with the NPC spouses you get a quality that prevents you marrying them again. Player marriage wasn’t an option then so who knows what the affect of Seeking will be on a spouse.
edited by reveurciel on 6/8/2016

[quote=lady ciel ]absimiliard
Just saw your edit above - if that option does appear in this version of Seeking I would suggest a temporary divorce rather than sacrificing the marriage to seeking. At least with the NPC spouses you get a quality that prevents you marrying them again. Player marriage wasn’t an option then so who knows what the affect of Seeking will be on a spouse.
edited by reveurciel on 6/8/2016[/quote]

part of the reason I expect this no longer a option. For one thing eating your player spouse would mean they would be dead, which would mean your account would be deactivated. And that would suck and open all sorts of trolly options.

OMG. EAT YOUR SPOUSE!!!

Pardon my French but F*** NO!

Not even if there isn’t any effect on their account, which there really couldn’t be, that’s seriously trollish as you noted Kylestien.

Just NO.

OMG NO.

[quote=absimiliard]OMG. EAT YOUR SPOUSE!!!

Pardon my French but F*** NO!

Not even if there isn’t any effect on their account, which there really couldn’t be, that’s seriously trollish as you noted Kylestien.

Just NO.

OMG NO.[/quote]

Which is why I expect (and hope) it’s not a option. I mean do horrible things to yourself? yes. To your other married friend? No.

At a meta level I would agree Kylestien. There’s got to be no way FBG would punish someone for marrying a Seeker, it would be a horrible design decision on the basis of player retention. If my spouse ate my character I would assuredly be done with this game, quite permanently. Allowing one to inflict such things on oneself is awesome, inflicting them on someone without Explicit Consent . . . they wouldn’t do that.

edited by absimiliard on 6/8/2016

[quote=absimiliard]At a meta level I would agree Kylestien. There’s got to be no way FBG would punish someone for marrying a Seeker, it would be a horrible design decision on the basis of player retention. If my spouse ate my character I would assuredly be done with this game, quite permanently. Allowing one to inflict such things on oneself is awesome, inflicting them on someone without Explicit Consent . . . they wouldn’t do that.

edited by absimiliard on 6/8/2016[/quote]

[color=#009900]Your reasoning is sound, but omits one important point: I’m only at Failbetter for another five working days, and basically, everyone else in the office has drawn their desks back to the other side of the room while I snarl obscenities and type with my feet. I don’t know what damage I might do on my way out.[/color]

[quote=Alexis Kennedy][color=#009900]Your reasoning is sound, but omits one important point: I’m only at Failbetter for another five working days, and basically, everyone else in the office has drawn their desks back to the other side of the room while I snarl obscenities and type with my feet. I don’t know what damage I might do on my way out.[/color][/quote]There is also the very serious and real possibility that, once he is no longer employees by Failbetter, Alexis will be free to complete the final level of Seeking the Name: Coming to your house and destroying all your possessions with a cricket bat.

Oh be-fezzed Tiger, I have the utmost confidence that even your feet would never violate such a trust.

[color=#009900]This was in fact the original plan, but I’ve lost my cricket bat.[/color]

Remember when he was threatening to push the button to activate the rats of glory? I think we should worry about that again.

I’ll get a cricket bat Alexis, just in case you’re ever in Boston…

[color=#009900]This was in fact the original plan, but I’ve lost my cricket bat.[/color][/quote]

You can always use your feet instead.