Season of Stones Ending: Who did you help?

Where’s that tidbit from?

(I doubt the Regiment canonically owns a cannon, as they only seem to obtain one when the player qualifies for a certain card, and may not still have it when things are concluded.)

I too would like to know this.

Fleshy’s relationship with the urchins may sour considerably if he finds out they’re pals with the Vake :P

Where’s that tidbit from?[/quote]
When bartering 50 Correspondence Plaques for Aeolian Screams, the Urchins sometimes invite you to one of their feasts.

There’s only one Master who flies around doing stuff like that.

Also, the Urchins in Spite manufacture Puzzle-Damask, and you’ll recall that the same Master who likes terrorizing London’s rooftops is also in charge of the cloth trade. So the Urchins have a fairly direct relationship with Mr Veils.

[quote=Kukapetal]I too would like to know this.

Fleshy’s relationship with the urchins may sour considerably if he finds out they’re pals with the Vake :P[/quote]
They’re not so much pals as terrified supplicants and child laborers trying to make the best of their less than ideal situation. Which no doubt means appeasing and working for the terrible murder monster that could effortlessly kill them all.

Okay, the Regiment sometimes own a cannon, or might own a cannon - a cannon capable of cowing the Docker gangs and seizing their turf.
edited by Anne Auclair on 6/8/2017

There’s only one Master who flies around doing stuff like that.

Also, the Urchins in Spite manufacture Puzzle-Damask, and you’ll recall that the same Master who likes terrorizing London’s rooftops is also in charge of the cloth trade. So the Urchins have a fairly direct relationship with Mr Veils.

[quote=Kukapetal]I too would like to know this.

Fleshy’s relationship with the urchins may sour considerably if he finds out they’re pals with the Vake :P[/quote]
They’re not so much pals as terrified supplicants and child laborers trying to make the best of their less than ideal situation. Which no doubt means appeasing and working for the terrible murder monster that could effortlessly kill them all.[/quote]
Iirc investigating Sacksmas with the Knotted Sock explicitly confirms that all the urchins working for Mr Veils are forced into it; the Knotted Sock are seeking a way to free them from his tyranny. Makes sense that the urchins not doing slave labor would be paying him off. It’s a protection racket of sorts.

I haven’t chosen yet. Is the Season of Stones storylet still available?
edited by A Depth Yet Unexplored on 6/8/2017

I also decided that the Urchins can look after themselves.

I was torn between helping the poor and the clay, because they were both compelling options. But after much thought, and taking into consideration how closely aligned with Hell I am in general, I decided not to discourage people from selling their souls.

What is being offered to the Clay citizens of London is not much, but they have so much less than everyone else, that for them the benefit is magnified. And I can hope that it might be the beginning of something bigger.

The storylet should always be accessible if you have the three items from completing the three stories of the season.

I’m a little surprised that the Revolutionary cause got so little intentional support.

I very much would have liked to denounce the whole thing as the farce it was and storm off, but I couldn’t quite turn down the chance to get into the same room with some masters and needle them with some very personal questions and insinuations.

Since there was no option to storm out after the break, I went with the clay men. Even though the measure is unlikely to see sufficient enforcement and is crippled by numerous regulations as to how they spend their hour, to the point that it hardly does anything at all, it’s also the option that came with the fewest strings to bolster the Masters’ own power. I’ll have to just keep working with Jenny to help the plight of the urchins and the poor, while hoping the clay men get at least something out of the pittance offered here.

Also, kudos to Failbetter writers for making me feel barely stifled rage at the transparent attempt of the powers that be to divide the lower classes by directly pitting direly needed economic reforms directly against the expansion of rights for an oppressed minority, ensuring that no matter which gets passed, resentment and division among those who should be allies will follow. Either those seeking equal rights get thrown under the bus once again, or the poor working class rally behind the cry of &quotour lives would be better if it weren’t for those people stealing away our opportunity&quot. Meanwhile, there’s absolutely no reason why those in charge couldn’t pass both and help everyone, except that actually helping was never the point.

Painfully real.

[quote=Optimatum]
Iirc investigating Sacksmas with the Knotted Sock explicitly confirms that all the urchins working for Mr Veils are forced into it; the Knotted Sock are seeking a way to free them from his tyranny. Makes sense that the urchins not doing slave labor would be paying him off. It’s a protection racket of sorts.[/quote]
The fact that the Urchins are worth enslaving and capable of bribing or plotting against a Master is yet more proof that they are a power to be reckoned with in London.

I’m guessing we have a statistical tie between Urchins and Clay Men, with London’s Poor coming in behind them, though not by that much. Most people participated in the Committee’s work.

[quote=Scienceandponies]Also, kudos to Failbetter writers for making me feel barely stifled rage at the transparent attempt of the powers that be to divide the lower classes by directly pitting direly needed economic reforms directly against the expansion of rights for an oppressed minority, ensuring that no matter which gets passed, resentment and division among those who should be allies will follow. Either those seeking equal rights get thrown under the bus once again, or the poor working class rally behind the cry of &quotour lives would be better if it weren’t for those people stealing away our opportunity&quot. Meanwhile, there’s absolutely no reason why those in charge couldn’t pass both and help everyone, except that actually helping was never the point.

Painfully real.[/quote]

Which is why my character stormed out. The breakdown of solidarity in fury would be too damaging, even as some suffering is alleviated. My character published the details of the Affair of the Box with the explicit intent to foment this sort of outrage- allowing it to crescendo will lead to greater, more substantive change as the Masters grow desperate. And given I possess a copy of the Crimson Book and, soon, the Sixth Contract I believe my character will have significant leverage when the time comes.
edited by friendshipranger on 6/14/2017

Still surprised by the lack of hardened revolutionary sentiment. The Liberation has quite a few vocal partisans after all.

Vocal, but thankfully few. :-)