Scaldal +1

My scandal got too high and I was transported to the Tomb colonies. I reduced my scandal but noticed I had +1 scandal. I unequipped all my items (none of which had +1 scandal) and I still have +1 scandal. So now I’m trapped on the tomb colonies!

[color=#C2B280]If you have any items that increase Scandal, like Stockings or a Modish Bonnet, equipping and unequipping them will fix the problem.

If not, email support@failbettergames.com, and I’ll straighten this out.[/color]

Doesn’t scandal linger even if you’ve taken it off?

I think you gain a point (plus the equipment bonus) if you equip it with no scandal. You should still be able to reduce down that point, though. That’s how it worked a long time ago, at least (no, I don’t use that equipment much =P)

I believe, Ozyma, that an_ocelot is correct: you will have a residual point after removing scandal-increasing items, but that should now be removable as normal.

I haven’t had the item for a long time[li]

If you had a scandal increasing item on when your scandal went to 0 you are left with +1 scandal when you take it off. So you will need to do another scandal reducing action. If you were not wearing it while you were in the Tomb Colonies it definitely sounds like a bug of some kind.

I already did a scandal decreasing action but it said I couldn’t reduce it because I had a scandal increasing item.

[quote=Flyte][color=#C2B280]If you have any items that increase Scandal, like Stockings or a Modish Bonnet, equipping and unequipping them will fix the problem.

If not, email support@failbettergames.com, and I’ll straighten this out.[/color][/quote]

submitted 12 hours ago

[quote=an_ocelot]Doesn’t scandal linger even if you’ve taken it off?[/quote][color=#C2B280]Very occasionally, a character gets a phantom equipment modifier; equipping an item that gives a bonus or penalty to the affected quality makes the game recalculate it correctly.

Essentially, you go from having 0 + 1 Scandal (trapping you in the Tomb-Colonies) to 1 + 0 Scandal (which can be removed in one action).[/color]