Sardonic Music-Hall Singer

Recently the cap on her Acquaintance value (and only hers, unless I’m mistaken) was raised. Does anyone know if it has a higher cap, or no cap at all? So far, after some pretty serious favour-currying, I’ve got it to 17…

Well, that certainly explains why I found a test recently for that quality and it wasn’t ‘a sure thing’. Seems I need to look up my acquaintance again. And probably all my other acquaintances. But it’s good to keep in touch. It’s a shame they’re not on the Echo Bazaar forum.

I think they eventually plan to add her as a romance option. I mean one of the options is to spend a romantic evening with her. So taking things to a more intimate level isn’t completely out of the question.

Is there a way to get her back after uhhh… a regrettable incident… which resulted in her breaking off all ties due to the resultant awkwardness?

I would hate to be bereft of her company forevermore simply because of a youthful indiscretion…

Any way aside from resetting my ambition and taking the “dangerous” one I mean…

[quote=Ch Ko]Is there a way to get her back after uhhh… a regrettable incident… which resulted in her breaking off all ties due to the resultant awkwardness?

I would hate to be bereft of her company forevermore simply because of a youthful indiscretion…

Any way aside from resetting my ambition and taking the “dangerous” one I mean…[/quote]

I got her back with an opportunity card (I think it was). Persuasive-based.

Quick question! Is the Sardonic Music Hall Singer the same as the Fading Music Hall Singer I was searching for?

No, they’re different. Lots of music-hall singers in Fallen London!

Oh, good! I [color=#ffffff]helped the Fading Music Hall Singer and her sister, the Opera Singer, escape to the Surface.[/color] I was worried that I might have shafted myself for future storylines, but I’m glad I didn’t.

I don’t know if perhaps we might be talking about different incidents, but I spent a couple very lovely evenings with her before things took a turn for the worse. She definitely chilled towards me, but I’ve continued visiting her and she’s been kind enough to keep me in the loop with Bohemians and Criminals. At this rate, she might even spend further time with me romantically in the future, although we would certainly be a lot closer if we could agree to be friends for now.

is she really any good for anything? I’ve gotten her up to 6 and have decided not to continue, for lack of any real purpose.

Sorry, I may be unfamiliar with forum etiquette - why is it considered in bad taste to necro a topic with a relevant question?
Isn’t it better to do this instead of repeating the question over and over in a new topic? This way, one could also learn from past opinions on the same topic.

In some forums necroing topics is against the rules, though that’s not the case here. Still, the mindset can be hard to shake if you’re used to forums that disallow necros. Another forum I’m on takes the opposite stance of closing new topics and resurrecting the originals, so it’s definitely not a universal thing among forums.

I think the difficulty here is that the content can change wildly whenever there’s an update, yet there’s stuff that hasn’t changed for a long time. So it’s really hard to say whether necro-ing is a good thing here. I’ve generally frequented forums where mods were strict on new topics and made cutting remarks about searching thoroughly before posting anything new. So this non-necroing thing is quite foreign to me.

In my case, I love the Sardonic Music Hall Singer and always ask her to recommend me to His Amused Lordship (even though I’m already on fairly good terms with him). This is a good source of MY and I’ve got a handy stack of presbyterate passphrases that I hear will stand me in good stead for Flint.

[color=#009900]As Sara says, round here we don’t object to necromancy. It’s a gentleman’s pursuit. Don’t worry about replying to old threads.[/color]

I’m not at all affiliated with FBG - I’m just another player of Fallen London. But the way I’ve approached these forums is that if my comment/query/etc. is along the same lines as an existing forum thread, why NOT use the same one?

Part of my reasoning for that is because the Search function here is very limited, and having 5 new threads over the course of a few years (for the same topic) will only prevent me from being able to find thread #6 which has the information I’m looking for.

Like, sure, it can be jarring seeing a question from a couple years ago, but I know well enough to skip forward to the later pages until I’ve found something closer to modern times, then read from there for updated info.

That’s just my take on it, anyway. (If you’ve had much experience trying to find info using the Search function here, you’ll probably understand where I’m coming from. ^_^ )

With all the criminals, constables, and revolutionaries all about the place, it can be difficult to Raise a family in peace these days… :-p

She is used mainly for Intriguing Snippets. Build up her Favour to or above 5 and then cash it in using City Vices: Ask the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer to help you. She also can be used for Scraps of Incendiary Gossip/Rare Success Aeolian Screams or a Presbyterate Passphrase (the last option not recommended for its check and expenditure cost.) [/quote]
I use the following 3 Standard Frequency cards to support each other:

• City Vices: ask the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer to help you: An audience with His Amused Lordship (gives 1 x Presbyterate Passphrase and MW; reduces the connection to the Singer by 1 CP).[/li][li]City Vices: help the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer: Call on the Repentant Forger to produce some banknotes (restores the 1 CP of connection to the Singer and gives 8 x Appalling Secret, 10 x Cryptic Clue; reduces connection to the Forger by 1 CP).[/li][li]A Visit: The Repentant Forger: Drop by for a chat (restore the 1 CP of connection to the Forger, gives your base Shadowy’s worth of Cryptic Clues and some connections to Bohemians and Criminals).

These 3 actions provide 7.9 echoes’ worth of items (2.63 epa), plus connections/Favours to Bohemians and Criminals, respectively.

[quote=dov]I use the following 3 Standard Frequency cards to support each other:

• City Vices: ask the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer to help you: An audience with His Amused Lordship (gives 1 x Presbyterate Passphrase and MW; reduces the connection to the Singer by 1 CP).[/li][li]City Vices: help the Sardonic Music-Hall Singer: Call on the Repentant Forger to produce some banknotes (restores the 1 CP of connection to the Singer and gives 8 x Appalling Secret, 10 x Cryptic Clue; reduces connection to the Forger by 1 CP).[/li][li]A Visit: The Repentant Forger: Drop by for a chat (restore the 1 CP of connection to the Forger, gives your base Shadowy’s worth of Cryptic Clues and some connections to Bohemians and Criminals).

I now slightly regret getting rid of the Sardonic Music-Hall singer (for opp.deck efficiency) and the Repentant Forger (because a certain painting).
That’s not a bad grind at all!

I actually regret NOT losing the Repentant Forger over that painting. I never make use of him and I was dying to know what was up with that painting…[li]
edited by Kukapetal on 1/22/2016

Tah dah! :)

It’s really just swapping one friend for another.