June’s Exceptional Story: The Bones of London

[color=#cc0099]Delicious friends, the Exceptional Story for June is here!

What lies beneath London’s streets? Take up your theodolite and find out! Delve into London’s mysteries, uncover buried secrets and help a hidden society map the Fifth City.

The Bones of London is the first story in the Season of Embers, and was written by Gavin Inglis. This Season will consider how the Neath has changed the City, and the City the Neath. You can begin each from the Season of Embers card.

Editing, design and QA: James Chew and Mary Goodden.

Art by Tobias Cook.

EXCEPTIONAL FRIENDSHIP

In addition to a new, substantial, stand-alone story every month, Exceptional Friends enjoy:

• Access to the House of Chimes: an exclusive private member’s club on the Stolen River, packed with content[/li][li]An expanded opportunity deck: of ten cards instead of six![/li][li]A second candle: Twice the actions! 40 at once!

Finishing all three stories in the Season of Embers will make you eligible for an additional opportunity, to follow.

If you want to keep an Exceptional Story beyond the month it’s for, you must complete the related storylet in the current Season’s card throughout London. This will save it for you to return to another time.[/color]

hmmm, there is something broken for this month exceptional story. I dont think it has a lock requiring you to be exceptional friend to start the story. I started it thinking it was the teaser storylet but result said I unlocked the ES.
Edit: I am not exceptional friend.
edited by suhe gul on 5/31/2018

[quote=Suhe Gul]hmmm, there is something broken for this month exceptional story. I dont think it has a lock requiring you to be exceptional friend to start the story. I started it thinking it was the teaser storylet but result said I unlocked the ES.
Edit: I am not exceptional friend.
edited by suhe gul on 5/31/2018[/quote]

[color=#cc0099]Thanks Suhe Gul! This has now been rectified [/color]

Did anyone take the ending choice that promises something “particularly rare and valuable”?
I don’t really want to take this choice, but if the reward is especially unique I might consider it anyway. If someone knows, please pm me the result of this action.

[quote=Monara]Did anyone take the ending choice that promises something &quotparticularly rare and valuable&quot?
I don’t really want to take this choice, but if the reward is especially unique I might consider it anyway. If someone knows, please pm me the result of this action.[/quote]

It’s 1CP of Connected: The Masters. Whether that’s rare and valuable enough for you is up to you!

[quote=Barse][quote=Monara]Did anyone take the ending choice that promises something &quotparticularly rare and valuable&quot?
I don’t really want to take this choice, but if the reward is especially unique I might consider it anyway. If someone knows, please pm me the result of this action.[/quote]

It’s 1CP of Connected: The Masters. Whether that’s rare and valuable enough for you is up to you!

I mean, unless they plan to do something really cool with this soon, it’s not worth it. I have nine, and I don’t even think it does all that much. Even if I only have that much due to being here a while, It’s still just like &quotYeah, I met them a few times, I been down here long enough to be on name basis with one or 2, not much I can really do with it though&quot
edited by Kylestien on 5/31/2018

Yeah, the only real purpose, IIRC, is to stop getting the d___ Libraryette for Mr. Pages card.

I have a question concerning the ES. I finished all 3 ES from the season of adorations. It was said that there’d be an additional opportunity if you did so. I havent been able to find it and was wondering if I missed it, if its yet to come or if its entwined with the new season somewhere?

It’ll be released Sometime Soon - i.e. you’re not missing anything, it’ll be pretty obvious and difficult to miss when the season turn-in is finished and released.

Ah alright thank you so much! I was worried I had skipped an option somewhere while writings hundreds of ballets :P

I enjoyed this story a fair bit. It’s not thrilling, but it’s interesting.

I decided to keep the map and got [link=http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Map_of_Prelapsarian_London=Map of Prelapsarian London[/link], a Home Comfort item, plus a whole bunch of other stuff.

Did anyone do the other endings?

Also, I’m not super familiar with the templates on the wiki, so if someone could add the image and the sources to it that would be great. The template is weirdly written and I can’t just read stuff in html like you could 8 years ago on Wikia.
edited by JainaEgo on 5/31/2018

Ι am still in the middle, but I am sure it will help everyone looking after the Mysteries!

I chose the option presented when you have a highly detailed map:

I was kind of disappointed to get nothing unique out of it but also not terribly surprised given the card’s description.

I’m undecided about whether I should incite revolution, keep the map for my own sinister purposes or hide its stories for others to discover. My character is the sort who’d do either.
edited by datarama on 5/31/2018

I also chose to keep the map.

Though I’m mystified at how I can display it in a gilt frame in my home to dinner guests and not have any surprise visits from the authorities.

edited by cathyr19355 on 5/31/2018

[quote=Catherine Raymond]I also chose to keep the map.

Though I’m mystified at how I can display it in a gilt frame in my home to dinner guests and not have any surprise visits from the authorities.

edited by cathyr19355 on 5/31/2018[/quote]

Possible reason:

The Masters seem to be letting you get away with things because of your potential usefulness (or because someone is a bit less worried about prelapsarian maps)

Hey, for once I’m not waiting like six months to complete an Exceptional Story!

Now, I’m stuck between keeping the map, hiding it, and putting it in an archive. Keeping it is the selfish choice, but putting it in an archive seems smarter, while hiding it has an unlock requirement which makes me curious. Does anybody know the rewards for the options other than keeping it?

I have to say I enjoyed this one. I wonder if this is perhaps related to those street-signs I keep getting from surprise packages? It’s interesting to see how the revolutionaries find inspiration prelapsarian maps (not that these folk are necessarily revolutionaries). About the story in specific, I kind of wish the Calculating Heiress played more of a part in it; I’d be interested in interacting with someone who obsessively mapped out London for years. I also wish there was more of an indication as to what happened to the Waterhouse Society after the end of the story.

I wonder if this has any insights for the Mysteries tab? It does seem focused on prelapsarian London, after all.

In the end, I chose to spread the word and incite revolution. See my profile for the echo; there were no unique items or major rewards beyond having done my part sticking it to the Masters.

But that is reward enough.

Soon, comrades, soon. The Liberation.

I loved the premise but it seems like it ended halfway.I do not mind linear stories but this one was missing the ‘story’ part after raising map detail.

What I really disliked though, was that keeping it turned out to be a very selfish option. I mean, I felt like I was taking a risk to keep it safe but the way the end was worded showed me I cheated the society out of their work, to impress dinner guests. Shouldn’t this be more clearly marked? Why couldn’t I give it to the Surveyor since she survived?
edited by Jolanda Swan on 5/31/2018