Robbing the Bazaar

Oi, recently I’ve ‘ad a chat wit’ my Flit contacts and they proposed to rob the Bazaar. Lately I’ve been considering their offer, but when I came to meet them, they were gone! I could do any other number of heists, but this particular, daring one seems to be unavailable to me! The constables aren’t following me (yet - I hope they never read this), yet my contacts seem to have chickened out. Has this happened to any of you delicious friends? If so, what did you do to correct this problem?

Are you sure you’re not too suspected? The only thing that will bar you from Robbing the Bazaar is having 2 or more Suspicion.

Nope, I’ve tried it with 0, 1 and 3 suspicion and it was unavailable every time, even though it was available a few days ago.[li][/li][li]EDIT: Actually, I see that no other heists except for &quotEmbark on a Heist&quot are available. No carnival strongbox, library, nothing.
[/li][li]
edited by Photon_Man62 on 12/3/2013

What’s your Casing?

Oh noooooo! I didn’t know that all your casing disappears when imprisoned! All 25 of it… gone… agh! Thanks for the help.[li]

Yeah, it’s pretty painful. The same will happen if you set out to Zee, so be sure to use up your progress qualities before a voyage (Loose Change and Someone is Coming are immune).

What is your Casing at?

You only need casing 20 to make Robbing the Bazaar 100%. So unless you want to do a few Thefts of Particular Character before you rob the Bazaar it is not really worth getting a very high casing as a theft resets it.

I’d like to toss my two cents in. Anyone else feel that robbing the embassy or bazaar are quite lackluster for what you’re supposedly doing? I think those storylets should have more options for higher shadowy players, with the existing heists basically being running in and grabbing what’s not nailed down, and the higher heists being more lucrative targets. And for those of us in the CVR, having an option in the brass embassy that pays the entire payload in souls and contracts would be very nice, especially in terms of being in-character.

When the new heist system came out, I started to suspect that the older ones with the Embassy and the Bazaar are meant to reflect you sneaking into very tertiary, low security areas. You’re not going to find anything really special, because even though by the rest of London’s standards, robbing from them makes you a Master Thief, you don’t yet have the skills to get to the places with the REALLY special stuff.[li]

I also hope that as time goes on, the new heist system allows us into more places, perhaps in time, even more secure areas of the Embassy or the Bazaar
edited by Allanon Kisigar on 12/5/2013

It might also be a cool idea to make a really lucrative option in those areas that can never have a 100% success chance reached - so while the rewards are dazzling, players have to court danger in some measure to achieve it, instead of simply grinding things up to total security. Because really, assured success makes sense when you’re swiping something from a fishmonger’s stall, or even somebody’s house. But the Embassy and the Bazaar have to be the two most heavily-guarded places in all of London. Being able to guarantee that absolutely nothing will go wrong seems almost unreachable. Then again, I can’t imagine this suggestion will be popular.

Actually, with the Bazaar, what if there was an option to target specific areas, or the stocks of specific Masters? (Possibly requiring a previous robbery of the Bazaar, to have a better idea of where things are.) Say, robbing diamonds from Mr Stones, rare vintages from Mr Wines, or books and documents from Mr Pages. It would presumably be a pretty lucrative reward, and with higher-end items (several 12.50s, or maybe a single 62.50) compared to other thefts, but also much more difficult. shrug Just a thought.[li]
edited by Laluzi on 12/5/2013

[quote=Laluzi]
Actually, with the Bazaar, what if there was an option to target specific areas, or the stocks of specific Masters? (Possibly requiring a previous robbery of the Bazaar, to have a better idea of where things are.) Say, robbing diamonds from Mr Stones, rare vintages from Mr Wines, or books and documents from Mr Pages. It would presumably be a pretty lucrative reward, and with higher-end items (several 12.50s, or maybe a single 62.50) compared to other thefts, but also much more difficult. shrug Just a thought.[li]
edited by Laluzi on 12/5/2013[/quote]

That’s why I suggested additional options on the storylets. These options would not only be harder, but could also have an array of choices on what to hit. Such as my suggestion for contracts and souls.[/li]

Ah - to clarify, my post was a response to your post, although it went off track somewhat. But yes, I agree.

It’s remarkable how fast you get tired of stealing expensive contraband from under their noses. After all, they know nothing. But giving up 20 casing for only 40 echoes in order not to risk a gigantic and profit-killing Nightmares menace is underwhelming. The masters should totally inflict dozens of a menace, but anything less than a well-geared Tier 2 should be on edge when setting out with the old kifers.

It might make more sense if some next-level Bazaar/Embassy targets were well-guarded, had steeper entry fees for casing, frequent high-level checks (highest in Shadowy, but perhaps with some really bizarrely diverse hazards - open the wrong door and get hit with a Dreaded or connected: challenge threatening your cat-like tread. A great thief would be diversely developed and well-connected. Get caught without an escape plan, face the nightmares.

If I steal any more London Street signs, it’ll be for the achievement. Doing that the first time was delicious, but now it’s usually an afterthought when I’ve spent my casing down to 20 and feel like cashing in for some menace reduction items. Given Iron’s most likely reaction every time I run that heist, the idea certainly deserves more adversity on my part.