Returning

I have been wanting to return to Fallen London (I’ve barely played over the last year), and I hear hints of stories that seem intriguing just by looking at the forums.

But I don’t see new content! With the exception of expeditions in the Quarter (completed the non-Nex locked, as some bug with the payment provider means I can no longer purchase Nex), and the Game of Knife and Candle (which I have applied my mind to, but cannot get a grip on at all), I can’t find anything fresh. My stats are in the respectable 130s, there is clearly plenty of content I’ve never seen, but I can’t find it at all.

Am I missing something? Is most of the content at this level opportunity driven? Or are there deeper puzzles that I can no longer see because I’m no longer in sync with the bazaar?

Welcome back
Some fairly recent additions to Fallen London - Have you got a Profession; an Orphanage or Salon (given your stats I presume you are POSI)

Have you done a Heist in the Flit? The Pickpockets Promenade in The Alleys of Spite? Robbed a Drunk (also in Spite)? Written a short Story (Literary Ambitions in Veilgarden)? Solved a Case with the Honey-Addled Detective (Ladybones Road)? or Worked in The Department of Menace Eradication (Watchmaker’s Hill)?

There might be some things there which you have already played and I am sure that I might have missed some other things.

Also there are now two ways to get Nex - the old SuperRewards or directly with a credit or debit card.
[li][/li][li]
edited by reveurciel on 10/2/2013

Have you completed the Missionary and Firebrand stories? Been to the Cave of the Nadir?

Missiornary and Firebrand, no. I just wait for the opportunity cards. Though honestly at this point, I don’t remember how they started. I’ve never heard of the Cave of the Nadir. How does one start there

I spent a year getting stormy eyed, and now I can’t see what to do with it.

I hadn’t noticed the Pickpocket’s promenade. That’s fun!

I have a Profession - where are the starts to getting and Orphanage or Salon?

[quote=Erik Harrison]Missiornary and Firebrand, no. I just wait for the opportunity cards. Though honestly at this point, I don’t remember how they started. I’ve never heard of the Cave of the Nadir. How does one start there

I spent a year getting stormy eyed, and now I can’t see what to do with it.

I hadn’t noticed the Pickpocket’s promenade. That’s fun!

I have a Profession - where are the starts to getting and Orphanage or Salon?[/quote]

You find the opportunity to get either an Orphanage or a Salon on the Tower of Eyes opportunity card (you need to actually own the townhouse). Stormy-eyed and What the Thunder said open up a new story when they are high enough (possibly 19 and 13 respectively? Now I don’t remember, but you can check the wiki or the forum, the answer is out there somewhere ^^)

The Missionary, Firebrand and Cave of the Nadir are closely linked.

Stormy-eyed unlocks new options on the thunder dream cards; if you get your thunder dreams and your Stormy-eyed high enough (really high!) then you can go to the Mind of the Long-Dead God. I think it needs 19 Stormy-eyed and 15 What the Thunder said

Orphanages or Salons can be bought on the Tower of Eyes card; you can have one or the other, but not both.

Also, other stuff you probably have done but its worth checking anyway; have you completed the Jack Case? The Affair of the Box? Been to the Iron Republic? Had a poke around in the Foreign Office? If your stats are at 130 you might already have done some or all of those things before your temporary sabbatical, though.

Additionally, you can get a higher tier of your current profession; look out for the Slowcake’s Amanuensis and Unsigned Message cards.