Returning Travellers from the Iron Republic

I myself have just returned from a stint across the zee and I found the experience positively refreshing. Has anyone else procured a safe-conduct and ventured across? What did you make of it? My journal includes some terrifyingly interesting travelogues.

I haven’t yet, I’m still waiting for my third mark of credit, but I’m very much looking forward to the trip.

I found the journey to be extremely painful. Insights gained were minimal, but the experience itself was… interesting, nonetheless.

Now I’ve done it there’s literally nothing left to do in Fallen London, at least until they update the Ambitions. The experience of a challenge was at this stage, a welcome novelty

Well, challenges are much harder now, so I don’t see where you’re from, then…

Did you manage to visit all the known days within the looped portion?

I really do want to have a quiet cup of tea with a certain female Revolutionary. I’d like to make her… acquaintance…

All for the Glorious Cause of Revolution, of course.

I don’t believe you.
There are certainly some updates to this, including but not limited to every new short story and THE NAME!

I’ve been meaning to visit the Republic for a while, have a safe-conduct, but now I am kind of stuck in London, waiting for the Season of a certain game to begin. Don’t want to miss the start.

I think I bypassed The Name a long, long time ago and I don’t really know how to start seeking it. I’ve been told it’s a bad idea, but then again, that’s what the goat-demon said…

[quote=Endy]Did you manage to visit all the known days within the looped portion?

I really do want to have a quiet cup of tea with a certain female Revolutionary. I’d like to make her… acquaintance…

All for the Glorious Cause of Revolution, of course.[/quote]
A certain female revolutionary? I don’t remember anything like that from my Iron Republic trips.

I believe Mr Endy is referring to a certain Ambitious Barrister. In which case, I regret to say, if you did not have the chance to meet her you missed out on probably the most intriguing content in the venture.

[quote=Dolan][quote=Endy]Did you manage to visit all the known days within the looped portion?

All for the Glorious Cause of Revolution, of course.[/quote]
A certain female revolutionary? I don’t remember anything like that from my Iron Republic trips.[/quote]

Day 23

The option to take tea with her is Impossible! at present. Can be difficult to get to. I can’t help but think that it marks the start of a new relationship/adventure.

It took me a solid week of insulting a certain Barrister to find it.

So from what I’ve gathered you get to Day 23 by failing Day 15? You’re making Day 23 sound quite intriguing, what exactly do you get out of it?

That is correct.

The most interesting option is content locked(Impossible!). That alone is enough to make it interesting. Only area I’ve seen outside of Fallen London and Ambitions where that occurs at present. Assuming the pattern of Days holds(non-consecutive numbers), there are a number of “Missing” Days a Story could traverse down.

One of the other options sees you crowned King… in the Iron Republic…

The third option spits you out at the Wall. You really shouldn’t go there, though I can’t say why exactly.

edited by Endy on 3/26/2013

I absolutely loved the style of the Iron Republic content. I allowed myself to take on some of the changed by the iron republic quality to see what kind of stories that might unlock later down the road. I’m planning on going back when I have fate to find out what I can get on Day [CENSORED].
edited by ZackOak on 3/26/2013

Ask any Seeker looking for St Arthur’s Candle and they’ll be sure to help you along your way free of charge.

I am seriously stumped as to how I go about getting “Days Passing” I stopped playing the game last year and returned to it and can’t eve remember how I got to 7 Days Passing. No opportunity card seems to affect this value, nor any story arc. Without it I am completely unable to get a chance at the marks. The brass ring and connection with hell are easy enough, but I don’t know if I’ll ever get to the Iron Republic with things as they are now.

Owen, to get the marks, you need to raise your ‘counting the days’ quality to 14. Get started by visiting the regretful soldier at Watchmaker’s Hill and ‘take him to the theatre’. You can then raise it further in various places across FL - sardonic music hall singer, wry functionary, aristocratic academic (in the forgotten quarter) to name a few. You can also raise it via the connections card with your aligned faction.

Oh, thank you. I would never of thought of doing any of that. Well, time to get busy. :)