Removing a certain City Vice card...

So, for some stupid reason, I keep drawing &quotan entanglement with an old friend&quot in my oppritunity deck, and I’m regretting not throwing out the bum when I had the chance. Is there any way to change it so this card stops showing up as spam in my oppritunity deck?I’m trying to get Mr. Sacks to show up D:

(Also where is the best place for him to show up,your lodging?)

You are stuck with him forever. The only solution is to move far away.

(A remote lodging should work, as long as you’re living in it, but I don’t have one so can’t confirm)
Edit: Not even those work. Nothing can stop him.
edited by suinicide on 12/25/2015

The dripstone-ensnared Third City temple still gets him, so it’s clearly not remote enough.

Then I fear there is no escaping him. How does he manage this?
edited by suinicide on 12/25/2015

You could always go the stats loss route and wear a bunch of ridiculous hats. They drain 2 levels of persuasive (and 1 watchful and shadowy) per hat. I hear he doesn’t bother with people who have less than 20 persuasive haha. All fear the mobile hat fort.
edited by NiteBrite on 12/25/2015

The remote lodgings DO work on him, I’m certain of it. I used to never see him around when I was hiding in the Cellars of Old Newgate.

Maybe they moved into the Third City Temple when the Remote Lodgings were first introduced? I think they didn’t give Remove Addresses initially, and to fix that you would need to move into a Remote Lodging again.

Which lodgings are considered remote then? ._.

lightbulb You’re right. And I haven’t moved away since.

I’ll have to fix that, at my next opportunity.

The remote lodgings are the dripstone temple, old newgate, and the zee snail shell. All are seasonally available only in the Wicket at the end of the 12 Days of Mr Sacks, for a certain price which includes taste of lacre.

[quote=ultrapowerpie]
(Also where is the best place for him to show up,your lodging?)[/quote]

Some advice I got about improving the probablity of getting a certain card to appear (in my case, the Tower of Eyes) was to go to a location with no cards attached to it: the one I use is the Forbidden Quarter. Not to say that will help, but it’ll at least eliminate other cards which could otherwise appear.

Mr. Sacks has not yet begun to circulate, and when he does I doubt you’ll have trouble drawing him. I believe that he starts out at Frequent frequency and after some set number of days from its appearance each card becomes Ubiquitous.

Also one ending to the first Exceptional Story gives another remote address. (And actually, is the K&C lodgings remote too?)
edited by Optimatum on 12/25/2015

[quote=ultrapowerpie]So, for some stupid reason, I keep drawing &quotan entanglement with an old friend&quot in my oppritunity deck, and I’m regretting not throwing out the bum when I had the chance. Is there any way to change it so this card stops showing up as spam in my oppritunity deck?I’m trying to get Mr. Sacks to show up D:

(Also where is the best place for him to show up,your lodging?)[/quote]

You don’t need to be in a specific London location to draw the Twelve Days of Mr Sacks cards - I just drew it in The Flit - and if I understand it correctly they become unlocked as each (real-world) day happens, and occur more frequently if it’s been a couple days after the appropriate cards was due to appear.

(I can’t remember quite where I read that, so I may be thoroughly mistaken - but you’ll definitely draw the 12 Days cards at some point. Just keep on card-flipping, and it’ll show up.)

I believe after enough time the cards are converted into universal storylets just in case anyone got really unlucky.

I think I might be the only person who likes that mooching artist bum…he’s just so utterly shameless that it makes me laugh everytime I see him. The letter he writes you when you’re stuck in the Tomb Colonies, where he doesn’t even bother to finish because he’s “inspired” to work on a painting midway through also cracked me up. What a self-absorbed a-hole, and yet…I can’t find it in me to dislike him. My character almost always takes him to bed if he can afford it :P

There is also the Marsh-House, available only through the Haunting at the Marsh-House story from the Fate tab. (But with Christmas about, those who direly need a Remote Address are better served with lacre.)

[li]

OT but whoever’s post I just reported, sorry!