Reducing a Criminal Sentence?

Is there any way to reduce it at all, even with Fate? I was rather prone to prison in my early days in Fallen London, as I didn’t know about Instant Ablution Solution. Now it’s become very inconvenient.

You could try bringing along both a pirate hat and a Workman’s Suit or Sober Dress. Then try to go to prison early, at high, but not instant-sentence-worthy, Suspicion.
Remove your hat and get back down to Suspicion 7. Then don a suit or dress and get down to suspicion 6. There, you just avoided about 13 or so change points of suspicion reduction.

I’m 99% sure there is no way to reduce it, at least no ways without paying fate, but I highly doubt there are fate locked options to reduce it.

There is no way to reduce A Criminal Record.

It does seem a little strange to me that I can burgle the building keeping all the case files and records but can’t remove any pertaining to me.

Especially since you can remove the records pertaining to other criminals.[li]

Especially since you can remove the records pertaining to other criminals.[li][/quote]
it’s because, record or no record, the judge remembers you.
[/li]

And there is the fact that the building that you burgle contains the constables’ FAILURES. You weren’t a failure, you got caught.

Shame there isn’t a way to make him conveniently make him forget or disappear.

[quote=Blaine Davidson][quote=Optimatum]
[/quote]

Shame there isn’t a way to make him conveniently make him forget or disappear.[/quote]
Or compromise, there are many far worse than the average Londoner; it would be quite within the bounds of reason that the judge make be willing to make a deal with the more savvy criminal.

[quote=Koenig][quote=Blaine Davidson][quote=Optimatum]
[/quote]

Shame there isn’t a way to make him conveniently make him forget or disappear.[/quote]
Or compromise, there are many far worse than the average Londoner; it would be quite within the bounds of reason that the judge make be willing to make a deal with the more savvy criminal.[/quote]
You’re assuming he’s a reasonable individual- and that you’re not one of those &quotfar worse than the average londoner&quot. given his nickname, i’m not sure about the former, and given your reputation i’m not sure about the latter, either.

He’s quite clearly not immune to the influence of the Masters though, and the Constables in general are even more susceptible. I’d think it very reasonable narratively if there was an option to spend some huge amount of C: Masters to significantly reduce your record.
edited by Optimatum on 5/15/2016

That’d be cool, actually.

It’s entirely possible that such an option exists, but it requires both your Criminal Record and Connected: The Masters of the Bazaar to be at certain levels before the action becomes visible, and so nobody’s encountered it. ^_^
(What can I say - I’m an optimist about these things. :-p )

[quote=Blaine Davidson][quote=Optimatum]
[/quote]

You guys are so optimistic. What makes you think you can mess with a judge when you can’t deal with a Struggling Artist?

Even if you didn’t get a favor with the masters with less then 5 favors of every other faction, all surrendered at ONCE.

Even if you had to trade in 7 favours “the masters” to gain reputation with them 10 times to get high enough to qualify with enough reputation to do it.

Even then, I’d gladly turn in 7 more favours “the masters” to lower my criminal reputation just one step.

[quote=Estelle Knoht][quote=Blaine Davidson][quote=Optimatum]
[/quote]

You guys are so optimistic. What makes you think you can mess with a judge when you can’t deal with a Struggling Artist?[/quote]
Hey, I’ve dealt with him! I changed my address and didn’t tell him where I moved :)

You guys are so optimistic. What makes you think you can mess with a judge when you can’t deal with a Struggling Artist?[/quote]

I just ignore them. Isn’t that dealing with them in a roundabout way?