Re-entering the Labyrinth without killing anyone

So in the content resets, I decided to set several things back a ways so that I could re-play some stories.

At this point, though, I can’t see how to re-gain entrance to the Labyrinth of Tigers without going through Mr. Inch. And Mr. Inch wants me to kill the Duchess’s cat veterinarian.

My character does not kill people except in the most extreme circumstances, and certainly not to play part in stupid palace political games or to suck up to that cretin Mr. Inch. Hunting monsters is one thing, sending people to the boatman capriciously is quite another. (Yes, I’m quite aware it’s not permanent. To my character that doesn’t matter.)

Is there any way to get back to full labyrinth access without going through with the murder?

I don’t think killing him is necessary, its just an option that makes it easier to capture the animals.
edited by suinicide on 6/4/2016

This is just a favour you’re doing Mr Inch. In return he’ll help your current Hunt (27 CP of ‘The Hunt Is On!’ according to the wiki). However, you can just ignore this storylet and hunt beasts on your own!

Also, this has nothing to do with gaining access to the Labyrinth. To start the search for the deeper coils you need ‘A Procurer of Savage Beasts 5’. At which point you’ll get a letter from Inch, whether you’ve done him a favour or not.
edited by Rupho Schartenhauer on 6/4/2016

I imagine your character would not be fond of Knife & Candle, if it was active right now.

My character is the same way and I simply chose to ignore Mr. Inches request. I still got full access to the Labyrinth.

[quote=suinicide]I don’t think killing him is necessary, its just an option that makes it easier to capture the animals.
edited by suinicide on 6/4/2016[/quote]

If this is the case, then I’m quite puzzled. The Labyrinth remains closed to me – all I can get to are the shops, whereas before the content reset I was breeding up a storm. I’m not sure what prerequisite to getting into the Labyrinth I’m missing.

Trodgmey would certainly never play Knife and Candle himself, but at least the combatants there have gone in willingly.

He much prefers beating people to a pulp in the ring fights like a civilized person.

[quote=Trodgmey ][quote=suinicide]I don’t think killing him is necessary, its just an option that makes it easier to capture the animals.

If this is the case, then I’m quite puzzled. The Labyrinth remains closed to me – all I can get to are the shops, whereas before the content reset I was breeding up a storm. I’m not sure what prerequisite to getting into the Labyrinth I’m missing.[/quote]
This may be a stupid question, but have you gotten &quota procurer of savage beasts&quot to level 5 since the change? if not, there’s your answer. if so… i don’t know what to do next. catch another spider colony, maybe? it can’t hur… well, it can, but it certainly won’t make the bug worse, it just might kill you.

[quote=Grenem][quote=Trodgmey ][quote=suinicide]I don’t think killing him is necessary, its just an option that makes it easier to capture the animals.

If this is the case, then I’m quite puzzled. The Labyrinth remains closed to me – all I can get to are the shops, whereas before the content reset I was breeding up a storm. I’m not sure what prerequisite to getting into the Labyrinth I’m missing.[/quote]
This may be a stupid question, but have you gotten &quota procurer of savage beasts&quot to level 5 since the change? if not, there’s your answer. if so… i don’t know what to do next. catch another spider colony, maybe? it can’t hur… well, it can, but it certainly won’t make the bug worse, it just might kill you.[/quote]

Ah, that’s probably it. I had missed the hunting possibilities in Wolfstack. I had forgotten there were the sundry hunts to be done before getting to the Wings of Thunder Bat breeding program (and had confused the &quotprocurer of savage beasts&quot for those qualities).

Sorry for the silly question, and thanks for the advice.