Raising shadowy with Absinthe

Black wings absinthe boosts shadowy by 5 points and scandal by three for the reciever. nevertheless, this might be one of the best shadowy grinds, just due to the shortage of others. Whether this is true or false, i have thirteen bottles, and i am happy to share. Anyone interested should post here, along with how many bottles they want to split with me.
edited by Grenem on 4/27/2016

Ooh, interesting idea. As it happens, I’ve been meaning to take another trip to the Tomb-Colonies anyway, on top of trying to raise Shadowy.

I’d be willing to share as many as four bottles, though I don’t have any of my own.

[quote=Gilphon]Ooh, interesting idea. As it happens, I’ve been meaning to take another trip to the Tomb-Colonies anyway, on top of trying to raise Shadowy.

I’d be willing to share as many as four bottles, though I don’t have any of my own.[/quote]
Will send them in the morning, as i have no actions and it’s bedtime now.

A neathy friend and I were about to embark on a tasting as well. Hopefully the boost is really as good as this!

Dont forget certain connections can be traded in for shadowy

A less menacing shadowy grind (although also slightly less effective!) is to build casing to sell to criminals. At 10CP per 10 casing, one could theoretically:

1. Lower Shadowy to around 110 using stat-dropping equipment (or in my case just unequipping the stat-boosting equipment I was wearing)
  2. Steal paintings for the the Topsy King at low-risk success (1.9CP per action on average)
  3. Sell information every now and then for the shadowy bump

And once shadowy gets too high for stealing paintings, it gets into range for the harder casing challenges, although those are 3 actions or 5 actions each.

I know and i do that, but shadowy’s the lowest of the stats i want to max, because next to none of the actions on oppurunity cards actually raise it, besides the urchins, and the criminals- and the latter, while effective, costs 5 favors. and i don’t actually have much i can do with it, so it’s not going to be raised as collateral, either.
edited by Grenem on 4/27/2016

I would love some! Send it to Julias Stokes

I’d enjoy the scandal, actually. So if you’ve bottles to share still I can reciprocate as well.

Seems interesting. If you’ve any bottles left, I would like some.
Thank you.

Send one to everyone in the thread- sending more to parelle, and if you want another please tell me. it’s almost certainly not the best way to grind shadowy, but it’s fun and gets rid of a menace to my cellar.