Raising quirks through renown?

How exactly does this work? At high renown, further increases also raise a quirk past 10?

What’s the renown level when this starts happening? Which quirks do different factions affect? How high can it raise quirks? Thanks.

[quote=Harlocke]How exactly does this work? At high renown, further increases also raise a quirk past 10?

What’s the renown level when this starts happening? Which quirks do different factions affect? How high can it raise quirks? Thanks.[/quote]
it starts happening on the third renown boosting storylet, which is availible from renown15 onwards.

The current factions are Criminals- which affect steadfast positively and heartless negatively, all the way up to the 15 cap, but costs 7 favors per rep, also rubbery men and tomb colonies which do the same.

The only new type is Docks, which offers return of the lovestuck maenad for subtle at cost of forceful

Ah, does it matter whether your renown goes up a level or not? Or just as long as you spend 7 favors your quirks change?

Just so long as you take the option that is only available with favors 7 and renown 15+, it doesn’t matter if your renown levels. Of course, the current understanding is you get 28 CP renown for that option, so leveling once is practically inevitable for quite some time. In fact, you will hit renown 40 on your 25th batch of steadfast cp. I don’t know what the cap is, but the stat polishers are probably more optimal once you hit 12, at least to prevent yourself from falling back down.
edited by Grenem on 6/2/2016

Keep in mind the factions Reknown options all have a minimum level for a major stat to use them: you’ll eventually be unable to use the Connection option as the stat minimum will be too high even with equipment.

Edit: If you’re like me and not particularly careful about your Quirks, you’ll want to reserve a Reknown slot or so for getting back up to 12 if you ever knock it below
edited by Parelle on 6/2/2016

yes. while hitting 40 is plausible for any dedicated player, (which means you only get 25 reps of the action. if, as some people claim, it’s 4 cp [quirk] an action, and you start at 10, you should make it through, but it could be as many as 7 reps to pull that off.) 50 is currently only plausible in most stats for someone who is using every resource at their disposal, including overcapping, mood and destiny. watchful is an exception, thanks to the Ubergoat, players can hit 294- the requirement to hit renown 50- with only a mood and best in slot for free players, if you got your hands on one fate for your goat. Everything else falls short of that line, but you’d be surprised how close it gets, even for free players- dangerous hits 282, shadowy 278, persuasive 276. renown 48, 47, 47. with fate, shadowy can hit 48 without any specialization. until they release a way to change affiliation, you’ll only be able to get one stack of connections to 50, but the high 40s are fair game- and the high 40s go pretty high.

Yeah, I’ve held off raising any of my renown past 15 in case I need to use them for quirk adjustments later. I haven’t really paid much attention to quirks yet, and haven’t been careful about damaging them while experimenting with different actions. I don’t want to close off any quirk options until I’m ready to make a serious go at it, if I ever do.