Raising nightmares

For some… unhealthy… purposes I need to raise my nightmares to 6 or 7. Is there a quick way to do this? I’m currently in Fallen London proper. [li]

You ought to be able to fail challenges in the Forgotten Quarter or Ladybones Road, if your stats are sufficiently reduced.

Wear a Sporing Bonnet. If you have a Starveling Cat, pet it. (This will give you Wounds as well.) Spend quality time with the Empress’s dog.

Stats high, shut out of the empress’s court but have an extra starveling cat! Thank you, I didn’t know that.

Try the new expeditions in the Forgotten Quarter - Using appalling secrets to get supplies increases nightmares

Oh wow, that’s a double benefit. How did I miss this new content… Thanks!

…have the second candle now… but no home… and borderline lunatic. Marvellous!

is there a form of message/action (between players) that raises nightmares?
if such thing exists: does anyone mind sending me one or more?

much appreciated.

[quote=Malcus]is there a form of message/action (between players) that raises nightmares?
if such thing exists: does anyone mind sending me one or more?

much appreciated.[/quote]

Yes. If somebody sent you a Nightmares request, they’d lose Nightmares and a Sudden Insight while you gain a Tale of Terror (if you’ve got less than three, though) and one point of Nightmares. I’d send a request, but I’m trying to get to the Mirror Marches, so. It’s slow, though, so if you really wanted a lot of nightmares very quickly, you should do what the previous comments said.

[li]
Edit: Sorry, Tales of Terror are actually random. It doesn’t matter how many you already have. I misinterpreted the wiki.
edited by dismallyOriented on 4/4/2014

I think the most reliable method I use is poking around in the Forgotten Quarter. You get some random options that raise Nightmares and are pure luck checks.

Personally, I also like the Recurring Dreams cards, though they’re less quick/reliable. My main method of getting Nightmares up, so I can catch Somnolent Hyaenas, is social actions. It also pays out in Tales of Terror, I like being helpful, and most people are willing to return the favor by bandaging my wounds.

Perfect solution! I need to get my Nightmares to 5 to progress in The Labyrinth of Tigers.