Raising Connections for the salon

Hi, I’m trying to set up a salon and find that my connections are inadequate.
Does anyone have suggestions for the best ways to raise Bohemian, Hell, Revolutionaries and Tomb Colonies (once you’ve hit the 10 max at the carnival and without using the special items)? ATM I’m writing poetry for the Duchess for Bohemian and Scrutunising Infernal Contracts for Hell.

A public lecture helps for bohemian + revolutionaries. Poetry’s better for pure bohemian though. For Hell, either bulk convert souls or Pass information to the Brass Embassy. For all of the contacts, it’s worth using conflict cards as well.

(Btw, the wiki has a guide on raising connections here.)
edited by Aximillio on 8/17/2013

Well if you are a Scholar of the Correspondence - Reaping the Academic Benefits; Give a Public lecture raises Bohemian; Society and Revolutionaries.

Converting 500 souls in your inventory raises hell.

I’m not sure about Tomb Colonies apart from the conflict cards or getting exiled.

[quote=Aximillio]
(Btw, the wiki has a guide on raising connections here.)[/quote]
Thanks, the wiki guide is just what I need - it’s a pity it’s not linked to from any of the entries.

I have a different, but related question.

One of our fellow Fallen Londoners has just gotten Salon at 6. How do you go about raising your Salon quality? By doing things to increase Making Waves? I thought that was supposed to go the other way around!

It’s on the Tower of Eyes card; more indepth under the spoiler

you can pay Society connections and a Favor in High Places to boost it by a reasonably fixed amount, or Bohemian connections and 4 Stolen Kisses to boost it by a variable amount. When you get Salon 6, you can invite either the Mercies or the Music-Hall Singer (depending on your Airs of London quality) over to give you a massive making waves boost (at the cost of some of your Salon scheme quality). there’s an impossible option involving the Duchess that needs Scheme: Salon 12, but at the minute 6 is as high as you really need it to go before cashing out. Inviting the Mercies is a Salon challenge tho; it’s 60% odds at 6 Scheme.

[quote=Mark Barltrop][quote=Aximillio]
(Btw, the wiki has a guide on raising connections here.)[/quote]
Thanks, the wiki guide is just what I need - it’s a pity it’s not linked to from any of the entries.[/quote]

It will be, but it’s so newly made we haven’t gotten to it yet =P