Raising Connected Great Game above 20

Well, i stuck my foot in it. Now ifs ands or buts.

After coming back after a long hiatus, my ‘closest to’ was The Great Game (cheesemonger storyline… you shall always be great to me), however I made the mistake of misclicking and desecrating St. Joshua’s shrine (there really should be an ARE YOU SURE?) so not only have I lost my ‘closest to’ (worst yet it seems the only way to get it back is to take a ‘profession’ of which is new to me, and worries me somewhat what it’ll cost just to get out of it…) but i’ve lost all my Connected TGG. I was quite proud how much I had of it, and it really bothers me how much I lost of that.

Now it seems by grind/failing Wilmet’s End Missing Woman storyline i’ve drug myself back up to 20… but i’m at feasible limit of that, and I can’t find any storylines or repeatable quests that significantly boost my connected TGG back, the veilgarden or carnival ones don’t provide anything for me being 20, even the opportunity card or ‘calling in favors’ normally eats at my TGG.

Is there a way for a -140ish player to get past +20 TGG?

Have the Decommissioned Steamer as one of your lodgings - taking the first option on the card raises GG

When you get the card that lets you visit one of your acquaintances go see the Wry Functionary and take the first option.

Then if you haven’t sold the location of the Cave of the Nadir you could sell it to the GG which will give you Closest To GG and a boost to your connection.

[quote=lady ciel ]
When you get the card that lets you visit one of your acquaintances go see the Wry Functionary and take the first option.

Then if you haven’t sold the location of the Cave of the Nadir you could sell it to the GG which will give you Closest To GG and a boost to your connection.[/quote]

I was wondering about that… I used to be able to just visit him in the shuttered palace, but now he’s gone! I only ever saw him when i was well wounded in my lodging… of which, i’m sure his stories did far more wounding to my attention span than my injuries to my body.

So can i only talk to my acquaintances now through this card I haven’t gotten yet?

I don’t even know what Nadir is, so it’s safe to assume that’ll be a good one for me… Assuming i can allow myself to sell the location off.

Yes the acquaintances got moved to a card - you have to choose which one you want to visit and then what you want to do with them during the visit.

The Cave of the Nadir needs you to raise your Archaeologist quality, to 5, in the Forgotten Quarter and complete the Missionary and Firebrand storylets, card based except the last stage. There are a few other things that you will need to get in but the story will tell you when you get there.

As you have only recently returned to Fallen London I recommend just poking around and seeing what you can do. I’m sure there are a lot of changes :)
edited by reveurciel on 2/22/2015

Another way to raise your Connected: The Great Game is via the conflict card with the Church.
Just make sure your Connected: The Church is at least 5 (easy to do, e.g. via the Carnival), and you’ll get this conflict card now and then. Siding with The Great Game gives you a 30 CP increase in your Connected quality.

A comprehensive guide to raising connections for all factions can be found on the wiki.

Well it’s clearly not comprehensive because it’s not mentioning the windward tower :P (Although that’s 1 cp, but also ‘chat with a tipsy spy’ is mentioned and it’s only 1 cp. So.)

Anyway failure on the Sulky Bats luck check gives Great Game.

[quote=WormApotheote]Well it’s clearly not comprehensive because it’s not mentioning the windward tower :P (Although that’s 1 cp, but also ‘chat with a tipsy spy’ is mentioned and it’s only 1 cp. So.)

Anyway failure on the Sulky Bats luck check gives Great Game.[/quote]

There’s a list for every action that increases the Great Game, but it’s quite a bit less structured. The guide gives a much better overview, without checking up on every action.

OK then, nearly comprehensive. Still probably a better bet than hoping everything gets covered in this thread.

I carnival’d to 10… then just consitently failed Wilmet End’s ‘Ask around’ storlyet from the Missing Woman. Each time’s a fair bit of cp, and since it’s a Connected Challenge, you’re gonna lose, a lot. No negatives for a failure, however you GAIN connected… Worked pretty well. The wiki seems to cover the 1-15 range, which I had already done.

IT seems best way from here on is the connected conflict cards (which I have YET to get mine, after 3-4 days, I can’t shake a stick without getting an Urchin related one!).

It seems i’m down to cards draws. I must of played back before they ‘restricted’ so many of the options… or moved them to cards, when you could build up very high connected if you just kept doing it over and over again.

Which… is probably something I would of done.

Alas, a minute now, squanders an hour past.