Quickly increasing my search for the Name

Hello chaps and all. I’ve been rather lax of late in my all-consuming quest. I’ve gotten to 32 SMEN, and I need 35. I don’t have all the necessities to light a taper, so that’s out for now. But I do have the calling card. Any thoughts on how to pull myself along the path to ruin just a bit in the next few days?

Winking Isle is the best way to increase SMEN while above 28.

All right. I guess it’s nap-time for me. What preparations should I make, do you think?

I mean… that’s the place where I need to have given up all my stuff, yeah?

You need to make sure your modified watchful is 200, and before you go, sell all the &quotsacrificial&quot items. Here’s the list of what you’re not allowed to bring with you to the isle.

Thanks. Modded watchful exactly 200? Or (greater than or equal to)?

Of course, modify that old list such that you need to not have any Favours: Society (instead of Connected).

at least 200, yes. can be more. and, as dov noticed, the list is old; &quotconnected&quot value doesn’t apply anymore, it’s favours instead, now

A few of the optional categories of items seem to be missing from the list - http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Preparations
Only matters if you’re going to ask about Salt.
edited by alekth on 10/28/2017

[quote=alekth]A few of the optional categories of items seem to be missing from the list - http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Preparations
Only matters if you’re going to ask about Salt.
edited by alekth on 10/28/2017[/quote]
Yeah, I’ve been wondering about that… so I gather that the endgame boils down to one of three options/questions? Grieve/Hate/Salt, and we can only choose one? Does there seem to be any appreciable difference? (In other words, I’m the type of North-ridden fool who probably would pursue the question about Salt just because it costs me more, but I’m curious if I’ll actually gain anything substantive from it).

The difference is appreciable, but in my experience Seekers with other questions are happy to share the answers they found on receipt of proof that you’ve gone NORTH yourself.

Right-o. I’m not ready to take the plunge just yet… been away from FL for a while, and I’m about 2/3 of the way to Hesperidean Cider. If I’m diligent, I might have the Firkin within a year. Meanwhile, maybe I’ll save up my scraps for Veils-Velvet, and try and get some M_____s B___d from the sommelier, so that I can grab a couple SMEN before heading to Winking Isle. I’d like to get St Destin’s by then.

Don’t bother with Lighting a Taper. You’d be much better off just selling the items to get Cider faster and grind on Winking Isle after.