Quick query about reducing Khanate suspicion

Nope. I don’t usually kill trimarans either.

And I dunno what you’re sailing on, but frigate and corvette tear through stuff fast enough to compensate for upkeep and get some profit. Well, most of the time… Some drops just don’t go your way.

Oh, and so does the steamer, but that one does take extra long on some of the stronger foes and you need to repair it way more often. It still all check-out as profit though.

Edit: Oh, and candles are used all over the map anyway, aren’t they? Which kinda plays in khanate’s favour, seeing how it’s in the centre of it all.
edited by Red-XIII on 2/27/2015

[quote=Gregg Johnson]lol yeah, it’s definitely the closest for Coffee. It’s Candles that might change, I just couldn’t be bothered to make that post even more verbose.

And eh. I almost never kill anything unless I have to. Waste of fuel, supplies, and time. Probably why I never have problems with suspicion… ponders
edited by Olorin on 2/27/2015[/quote]

Sure. When you already know the game, avoiding suspicion is relatively easy.

However, for a newcomer it’s easy to try getting a few port reports early on, check out a few suspicion-raising options and/or can get sent for strat info there. It’s either get mercy or a new Zee-captain, and the latter is a much less attractive option. I didn’t kill trimarans - in fact I avoided everything with more HP than my tramp steamer like the plague (although now I’ve got a frigate, and it’s Lifeberg stew for breakfast).

7 scintillack to trade for pearls is probably the best route I think: scintillack is fairly straightforward with persistence from the Principles of Coral, either by searching or missions. Incidentally, I’ve now advanced to four zero reductions in a row. Thanks a lot, RNG.

Re: Newcomers. Dying reduces your suspicion to 0.

Out of curiosity, how much suspicion do you have?
edited by Olorin on 3/2/2015

FYI, it’s just been changed from 0-3 to 2-5

[quote=SporksAreGoodForYou]FYI, it’s just been changed from 0-3 to 2-5[/quote] \o/
Btw - to those talking about obtaining Drowning-Pearls, you have about a 25% chance of being able to getting 20 Drowning Pearls from the Nuncio Beach event.
Each time you complete an objective in the Pulses of the Principles story line at Port Cecil starting with Setting Up, you get 7 pieces of Scinitillack so for a time at least you can use the dynamics of this storyline objective to get pearls from the Fathomking

[li]

Thank the maker! I’ve been waiting for MAGELLAN 'til I start SS again, but these fixes are all to the good as well!

Supplying the Zeppelin is also a good source of Drowning Pearls.

Particularly if Pigmote or Mangrove College is nearby.