Question about using Notability to raise stats

There is an Opportunity card that permits a player who has reached POSI status and has chosen to be a Force in one of the 4 basic stats to cash in all of their Notability to increase their special stat. The card description says that making that choice will set your Notability to 200 PLUS your Notability, and will drain all your Notability.

Here is my question. I used that card once before, taking my Watchful from 200 to 210 (it’s now at 209, because of an imprudent subsequent visit or two to the Nadir). My Notability is currently at 11. If I choose the storylet that will boost my Watchful at the expense of my Notability, will I end up with Watchful at 211 (200 + my 11 Notability) or 220 (my CURRENT Watchful + my 11 Notability)? I think the answer is the former, though it seems to me that it would be really hard to elevate your stat in that case. All aid will be appreciated.

Every time you use that option, your stat gets set to 200+Notability - even if the new level would be lover than what you had earlier.

Sigh. That’s what I figured, but it’s useful to have it confirmed. Thanks.

The IC reason is that 200 is supposed to be the max a human being can achieve.
Anything above that is when one is &quotmodified&quot by the Bazaar and It can only modify you up to your level of Notability.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]The IC reason is that 200 is supposed to be the max a human being can achieve.
Anything above that is when one is &quotmodified&quot by the Bazaar and It can only modify you up to your level of Notability.[/quote]

Understood. Thanks.