Pyramid Qualities and "change by" problem

The problem is when I try to change a pyramidal quality I get a freeze and when I close down the browser and restart the Quality has a number about 800 000 … To me it seems like I dive into a loop or something. When I remove the Pyramid structure the problem goes away. It appears in different storylets and I really can’t get what wrong. Have someone else seen this?

I’m not sure but I think I used it yesterday without problem, but I’, really not sure…

[quote=Mikael Hansson]The problem is when I try to change a pyramidal quality I get a freeze and when I close down the browser and restart the Quality has a number about 800 000 … To me it seems like I dive into a loop or something. When I remove the Pyramid structure the problem goes away. It appears in different storylets and I really can’t get what wrong. Have someone else seen this?

I’m not sure but I think I used it yesterday without problem, but I’, really not sure…[/quote]

I experience this problem too. I am new in storynexus, so this is a recent bug?

I’m getting this problem as well today. I thought it was an issue with my storylet, glad to know it’s not just me.

After a bit of playing around, I can reproduce this too. It only seems to happen for qualities which are newly-created, not for ones which I’ve had in my world for a while.

I would advise against others trying to reproduce it further, since I have a suspicion it’s an issue on the server side - which might cause wider problems if lots of people start triggering it all at once.

I’ll send in a support request and point out that it’s affecting many users. I’m sure they’ll jump on it in the morning (it’s almost midnight in the UK just now).

Cheers
Richard

Ah … i guessed that it was server related, but it hit me at the worst possible time as I just had worked through the largest storlylet so far and when it begun with a freeze i just couldn’t understand what it was as I had tested all the parts (more or less) in other smaller storylets… one hour of bug hunting down the drain then :-).

I hope they find out what the problem is … but at least i can go on with the design work and just having straight increase in everything for a while…

[color=#009900]We’re looking at this, folks. It seems to be an issue with the new Broad difficulty (which is currently the default for new qualities) - if you use Narrow quality pro tem, you can at least go about your business. Sorry for the hassle.[/color]

[color=009900]This should be fixed now.
But keep posting in this thread if the problem continues.

Henry[/color]

hmm seems to be there still …

Freeze hang-up the whole kit is there and this:

I’m having this problem as well. It looks like it’s just raising the quality nonstop. Adding a cap to the quality prevents the freeze, but the quality will be raised to the cap.

I resetted the world, and the problem stopped to happen.

[color=#009900]Yup, we’re pretty sure it’s fixed now. If it does recur, drop a line to support@storynexus.com.[/color]

nope, still there, just don’t seem to count up the numbers, but the freeze are there…

Just to provide another data point, it’s no longer happening for me - at least not with the exact scenario I had before. So Mikael, I’d suggest mailing support@storynexus.com (if you haven’t already) with exact details of the world and quality which are still causing the problem.

Cheers
Richard

Still broken here. It doesn’t seem to be affecting ALL pyramid qualities. It’s not like it’s only certain qualities that get affected, either. I’ve got one BasicAbility that works fine and another one that results in a freeze.

[color=#009900]Folks, any further issues, do please mail support@storynexus.com with the specific world and quality that are the problem, so we can investigate in detail. Thanks![/color]