PSA: Noman's price is 15 ToL (21st January 2019)

Greetings, delicious, greetings!

Wanted to pop with this info in case someone else in interested. For posterity, I decided to keep track of this year’s Sackmas events; do tell if you have more accurate data or if something’s wrong!

EDIT: Got confirmation that the price increased to 15 today; 4 hours ago, around 7:00 GMT it was 12.
Many thanks to idyl for gathering previous years’ data!
edited by Skinnyman on 1/22/2019

The Brass Embassy aren’t offering a pail’s worth of gear for your soul anymore. Might mean the urchins are off the market too.

[quote=Arcengal]The Brass Embassy aren’t offering a pail’s worth of gear for your soul anymore. Might mean the urchins are off the market too.[/quote] Thank you, thank you! Should have checked that card before discarding it 1 hour ago. :D

I can confirm that the Urchins no longer offer Pails of So-Called Snow for sale.

Thanks so much for the update. So can we predict from this when Penstock’s Wicket will close, and when our pails of “snow” will melt?

J-

[quote=Skinnyman]And should we add last year’s dates just for the sake of it?[/quote]Here’s the best data I could gather from the forum as well as from the subreddit:

Imgur

When will our pails melt? I can’t see it in the table.

My understanding is that Time the Healer will give you at least one full week of notice before it takes them away. That is to say, you should receive one TtH that includes a warning about melting, before you get hit with a TtH that actually melts.

Probably.

[quote=idyl][quote=Skinnyman]And should we add last year’s dates just for the sake of it?[/quote]Here’s the best data I could gather from the forum as well as from the subreddit:

Imgur
[/quote]Great one, mate, great one!
But from that should I understand that when Noman reaches 15 price is equal to pail melt warning?
edited by Skinnyman on 1/21/2019

My TtH came this morning (~8 am GMT) with a melting warning:
The Neath-snow on roofs and pavements is melting. Hurrying crowds have churned it into slush. Ravens sing. Any Pails of So-Called Snow you possess will melt next week.

So I guess, depending on when your TtH comes, you have a little less than 1 or 2 weeks left.
edited by Μαρσ on 1/21/2019

[quote=idyl][quote=Skinnyman]And should we add last year’s dates just for the sake of it?[/quote]Here’s the best data I could gather from the forum as well as from the subreddit:

https://imgur.com/zdYBipk[/quote]

So, from the past three years’ data, it appears that the date of the 15-ToL increase follows the pattern of &quottwo Mondays before the end of January&quot.

[quote=Skinnyman]But from that should I understand that when Noman reaches 15 price is equal to pail melt warning?[/quote]Yes. The last few years have had the Noman hit 15 the same day that the Urchins stop selling Pails, and any TtH from that point onward will have the melting warning, as Μαρσ received today.

[quote=PSGarak]My understanding is that Time the Healer will give you at least one full week of notice before it takes them away. That is to say, you should receive one TtH that includes a warning about melting, before you get hit with a TtH that actually melts.

Probably.[/quote]That is how I see it as well. So the actual melt date isn’t set in stone, since it’s dependent on each person’s TtH, but the warning seems to start on the same day as Noman 15 and Urchins stopping their sales.

[quote=hwoosh]So, from the past three years’ data, it appears that the date of the 15-ToL increase follows the pattern of &quottwo Mondays before the end of January&quot.[/quote]That seems accurate. Probably the staff comes in from the weekend and activates all of the End of the Season events (Noman price, Urchins sales, Melt warnings). That way, there’s a week of warnings, then a week of melting right before the Wicket wraps up and closes.

[i]edited by idyl on 1/21/2019[/i]