Proposal for New Players: The Young Turks Club

I played some FL a while ago, but forgot most of the plot meanwhile, so I’m starting from the beginning. I would be very pleased to make some acquaintances.

This is a worthy idea, Malthaussen.

I’m a somewhat experienced player, but the both the forums and some kindly (or cruel, but well-meaning) personages were most helpful to me in the confusing early days of this most bizarre Bizarre. Count me in for assistance to those of independent spirit and humble means.
edited by TwilightBrigade on 11/1/2015

Shamelessly bumping this so it will not fall off the front page.

– Mal

I’m up for it. I’m currently vacationing at the Tomb Colonies of my own free will and not because of a mishap with an opportunity to argue with some gentlemen at my door, but once I finish my relaxing holiday away from the city, I’d be happy to cooperate with fellow newcomers.

Particularly, anything that will get me First City Coins for my Heart’s Desire.

I have a decent connection to Society, so no Loitering, please.

Drop me a card when you get back, I have 30 coins right here.

– Mal

I have finished my vacation. After living it up in the Tomb Colonies, I can now accept gifts, and invatations to do non-loitering activities… such as robbing museums for valuable coins.

I just hope that I don’t end up at the Mirror Marches soon (Nightmare at 7 and a half)… I don’t want another unplanned vacation.By sending you a card, do you mean write a letter? I have zero experience doing anything that even remotely resembles interacting with another sentient being.
[li]
edited by th8827 on 11/7/2015

Attend to matters of society and scandal in your lodgings. From there you may send a card. I’m rather interested in helping your brigade, Mal, as a POSI.

I appreciate the advice, and I appreciate the Coins.

I have enough coins to continue searching for my Heart’s Desire (although would not turn down more that I can turn into spending money). I just need to figure out where to find Dead Rats for free now… The Topsy King has strange tastes.
[li]I’m also looking for a good source of Glim. I know that I can rob carriages, but the opportunity does not always present itself. Especially not while the Merry Gentleman is stalking me.
edited by th8827 on 11/7/2015

Dead rats can be sent to you as gifts, too. That is one of the things the Club is for. Tickle a few members and see what happens.

– Mal

I’ve been in FL for a few months, so I think I may only be borderline &quotnew&quot, but I’ve had no experience with the social side of the game so far apart from Hallowmas. I’d like to help out however I can.

I have an Investigating the Affluent Photographer action available. I can send either a real request (we each get one point) or a fake one (I get 2 points, you get a pet Sulky Bat, which sells for 20 pence)
First come, First Served. Let me know which you would prefer. EDIT: Taken.[li]
edited by th8827 on 11/8/2015

A gentleman of few means can always use more delicious friends!

I am very happy to make your acquaintances, friends~!

But I am not malthaussen, so please stop calling me that :cool:

I too am playing for a few month regularly and i have another month to being POSI, any dangerous, shadowy or watchful activity would be deliiiiiiiicious.
also i would like to return the favor of a certain friend that have asked me to participate here, so i would like to offer a few nursing opportunities to health (or death is it?)
Horror Ridden Blowfish

[quote=nsh]I too am playing for a few month regularly and i have another month to being POSI, any dangerous, shadowy or watchful activity would be deliiiiiiiicious.
also i would like to return the favor of a certain friend that have asked me to participate here, so i would like to offer a few nursing opportunities to health (or death is it?)
Horror Ridden Blowfish[/quote]
You might want to include a link to your profile, either add it into the signature or into your post, like this: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Horror%20Ridden%20Blowfish

or don’t, we can get by without it, if we have your username.

I am currently stuck in the Empress’ Court working on a novel (I can leave, but it is hard getting back in), and I am in dire need of emergency Scandal Reduction. The Empress’ Court does not look kindly at me staring at nature all day for Inspiration. Any help would be appreciated.

Send some along, then. That’s what we’re here for.

– Mal

Is there any way to receive suspicion reduction from others? I don’t want to leave the court if at all possible, because it does not appear on the map… I don’t know if there is a fee to reenter or not, but I read that it can be complicated…

Not if you’re unable to send from your lodging. But the Nikolas & Sons Instant Ablution Absolution from the bazaar is rather not expensive for the menace reduction (a lot of suspect plus a little bit of scandal)
edited by Gonen on 11/9/2015

You also get -2 CP of Scandal for catching the eye of the butler (under Disporting with the Servantry in Court). It requires Fascinating 4 to unlock and also removes 9 CP of Fascinating though, so it might not suit your needs but it does not require you to leave Court.
edited by Gemma Hawley on 11/9/2015