Professions and hope

We are (probably) all employed here. Possibly respectable, possibly notable.

Making use of their professions beyond just getting paid seems fun. Rat-catchers, authors, conjurers and Correspondent all had their time to shine. What else do you want to see?

I will start first:

I am not a doctor, but I’d enjoy having better healthcare from proper doctors. Instead of people invading my bedroom with a spoon while I am near death.

Perhaps one could hire their Enforcer or Murderer friends to dispose of…little indiscretions for them. A Licentiate might be called upon at the cost of Favourable Circumstances, or receive a special opp card in which they are called to their duty.

Just a few ideas.

The use of Authors for Salons and the use of Conjurers for those who run an Orphanage (while the last option is morally questionable) were steps in the right direction in my opinion, because they gave players a reason to branch out and seek the help of other players. The highest tier professions were left with no such relevance, which is unfortunate, but maybe the team will consider such in later efforts.

For the Monster-Hunter I would certainly be interested in options to help players in their hunts for a set fee and some Making Waves. The same could be said of Midnighters for Seeking and Correspondents for Fascinating. In this way late-game players could help newer players progress through the early stages of the game.

I’m hoping that when the final tier of professions will be available, then a few new &quotnatural&quot ones will be added as well on that level - Stockbroker or Shipping Company Owner would fit well with the escalation, I think.
edited by IHNIWTR on 1/25/2015

I would definitely like to see more social actions regarding the professions. I’m not sure that a Correspondent would be the best to increase fascinating, that sounds more like a Crooked Cross’s deal (they are, of course, the ones who convinced a priest to abandon his faith. I’m certain that their honeyed tongues could spin some good tails about you).

I just had a thought: what if you could have friends help when you’ve moved to an area of menace?

Mystics could help while you’re at the Royal Bethlehem, and Glassmen could help while you’re in the mirror marches.

A Murderer and a Licentiate could aid you while you are in prison.

A Journalist could help with suspicion and scandal.

A Crooked Cross could help with scandal and/or suspicion.

A Midnighter could help with suspicion(?)

Just a thought

I just want a way to put my blackmail material to use as a Crooked Cross. The devils send me people’s dirty secrets and infernal contracts every week, but I have nothing to do with them but sell to the bazaar and turn over to the CVR, respectively. Silly! So silly!

I’m saving up enough blackmail material to blackmail all of london at once.

Hopefully they’ll add that option eventually. :P If all else fails its an okay way to fund a wedding.

I think if Journalists interview you for their paper, it takes away Suspicion and Scandal?

Actually, that’s newspaper owners. You lose menace, they get copy. Good all round!

From a logical point of view, help with nightmares (forgetting our fears) would make more sense than suspicion (since that is something others know about and I don’t think irrigo can erase their knowledge) - I’d expect speaking of your crimes at the shrine of St. Joshua would simply result in getting arrested for things we can no longer remember ;)
edited by Szadovar on 1/29/2015

[quote=Solomon Husher]I just had a thought: what if you could have friends help when you’ve moved to an area of menace?

Just a thought[/quote]

That was my thought, too.
Or, alternately, a Crooked Cross might have some lucrative ties with the Tomb Colonies.

the stalker’s job is similar to a monster hunter, so maybe both jobs can be used to help a friend with “the hunt is on” quality?

[quote=Humblest][quote=Solomon Husher]I just had a thought: what if you could have friends help when you’ve moved to an area of menace?

Just a thought[/quote]

That was my thought, too.
Or, alternately, a Crooked Cross might have some lucrative ties with the Tomb Colonies.[/quote]

Campaigner might be better for Scandal, given that part of your scandal comes from having people campaigning against you.

As a Notary I would like to undercut the Intense Notary’s service. Even if it earns me no profit in-game.