Professional Rewards Changes?

Did I miss a change to the way Professional Rewards are doled out? My Shadowy is 50. The flavor text says if it’s over 70 you’ve learned all you can in this profession. But in the results of spending an Earnest of Payment it says &quotShadowy hasn’t changed because it’s higher than 45&quot.

What gives?[li][/li][li]
edited by Professor Ankle on 3/10/2014

It now updates based on your base, unmodified stat, rather than taking modifications into account. I’m guessing that you have a Shadowy of 70 and equipped a Talkative Rattus Faber to bring it down to 45.

[quote=Quixoticcat]It now updates based on your base, unmodified stat, rather than taking modifications into account. I’m guessing that you have a Shadowy of 70 and equipped a Talkative Rattus Faber to bring it down to 45.[/quote][color=#C2B280]Yes, this precisely. We made the change because a) it doesn’t make narrative sense that you can get more out of a training profession if your Talkative Rattus is equipped and b) players with sufficiently low base stats quite often forgot to remove their gear, and so frustratingly lost out on the benefit.

The message is less lucent than one might wish. I suspect fixing that would be non-trivial because of the way (I suspect) base quality checks work; but I’ll add it to my feedback spreadsheet, and we’ll see what happens.[/color]

It is better to switch out of the training professions asap anyway. You need to start saving up those weekly reward items!

While I disagree with reason A and feel it limits freedom and fluidity of how memory works in the Neath, I’ve run into reason B enough times to wholeheartedly agree that this was the right move.

It’s a bit of a shame that leaving Nadir is now a base stats check so that the TRF can’t shield you from memory loss at stats slightly over 50 anymore. I kind of liked the idea that the TRF distracts you just enough to forget to forget haha. That’s one story that I don’t think should have been a base stats check (unless the idea is that nadir is always punishing, in which case its understandable).

Another item that might benefit from being a base stats check versus a modified stats check is the patron/protege content. Same deal with the same hindrances as the professional rewards except more easily corrected for since you don’t lose any items for forgetting to remove gear, you just get confused about eligibility for social actions. This might be a moot issue though since I don’t know if base stats checks be done across social actions.

Ahhh…thank you very much. I do agree that the new rule change is good and sound, but that a wording change is vital. Its attempt to address point B) has resulted in an opposite yet equal reaction. It is comparable to that old lady who swallowed that fly. I never found out why she swallowed that fly.