Profession help

How do you get Earnests of Payment? I have Trickster as my profession, but I haven’t seen any opportunities to get another Earnest. What gives?

Patience is the currency of the realm. Wait a bit and you should get one about once a week.

Except that people aren’t getting them once a week. I haven’t gotten a payment since the first, and it’s been more than a week since. I’m thinking there’s some sort of content that needs to be added. Or discovered.

Do you get them from opportunity cards? It’s been over a week; I haven’t gotten one. It’s almost been two.

No. You should get a message to “return” to London to get your payment. (I put “return” in quotes because I haven’t left Fallen London since I adopted my “profession”.

I wonder whether this is a bug that just manifests for players with particular log-ins. I have two characters, one that logs in via my Twitter account and one that logs in just by e-mail, and both have duly received messages and been paid.

The thing is, it seems to require an earnest of payment, but that’s consumed when you get payed, and for some reason I haven’t gotten another one.

No. You should get a message to “return” to London to get your payment. (I put “return” in quotes because I haven’t left Fallen London since I adopted my “profession”.

I wonder whether this is a bug that just manifests for players with particular log-ins. I have two characters, one that logs in via my Twitter account and one that logs in just by e-mail, and both have duly received messages and been paid.[/quote]

Have you received a second week’s payment on an account that hasn’t changed professions since the first week’s? I log in through my email as well.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 1/29/2013

I wonder whether this is a bug that just manifests for players with particular log-ins. I have two characters, one that logs in via my Twitter account and one that logs in just by e-mail, and both have duly received messages and been paid.[/quote]

Have you received a second week’s payment on an account that hasn’t changed professions since the first week’s? I log in through my email as well.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 1/29/2013[/quote]

That’s a good question. I have received a second week’s payment on my primary character, where I log in through Twitter. But I’m not sure about my secondary character where I log in by e-mail. If I get a payment on Wednesday, the answer will be “yes”. I’ll try to remember to repost here with an answer to that question on Wednesday.

Alright! Hopefully we’ll find out whether we are waiting for more content (either to be added or discovered), or if this is a bug. Or I suppose it could just be set up so you’re supposed to job hop every week, but that just seems silly.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 1/29/2013[/quote]

I have not, and I have not changed profession.

I haven’t gotten my second weeks payment yet either, and I got a profession the first or second day they were available… I am also a trickster, and log in with Facebook.

In that case, if it IS a glitch, it’s not from logging in from any specific source. I log in via email.

Adding my name to those who haven’t received a second payment. And it’s been 14 days since my one and only payment according to my message history.

I sent a bug report about this yesterday; will update when I get a response!

Just to let Sara and everyone else concerned with the salary issue, my secondary character just received her pay.

Specifically, I logged in, saw a Storylet with the pouch graphic and the words “Thou shalt not muzzle the ox…”, clicked on it (it takes 5 actions, but I had more than five actions) and received payment for her Enforcer duties.

Just to let Sara and everyone else concerned with the salary issue, my secondary character just received her pay.

Specifically, I logged in, saw a Storylet with the pouch graphic and the words “Thou shalt not muzzle the ox…”, clicked on it (it takes 5 actions, but I had more than five actions) and received payment for her Enforcer duties.[/quote]

Mine just showed up out of nowhere, too!

…huh. So there’s just a bug of some sort? Wonder what’s causing it. Probably not how we log in.

Edit: Drat, was hoping it’d show up randomly on my account too.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 1/30/2013

Confirming I got my weekly wage just now as well. Pity 'bout last week’s but it’s better than none I guess

Alright, just got my payment. Excellent. ^^

Just now, I saw the payment message for my primary character (cathyr19355). I clicked on the relevant buttons (one in the message to take me to the storylet and one, requiring 5 actions, in the storylet), and claimed my weekly reward.

So it’s clear both of my characters are getting their pay, and at about the same time, on Wednesdays.