Postponing the Inevitable: A SMEN story

I made my alt account Rudolph with one thing in mind: SMEN.

However, as I progressed to ~SMEN 13 I find myself getting more empathetic with it. Rudolph’s story was meant to be one who has no place in this cruel earth, even in FL. Yet I think that it would be best if it lived all that it can before running towards the inevitable road NORTHwards. It already found love in the non-judgemental arms of a Master Thief and I think it can do more within its limited time.

So no, I’m not quitting SMEN but rather just postponing it at its early stages. Rudolph is a Rubbery soul waiting to bloom. It would be a shame to nip it in the bud.

[quote=Pyrodinium]I made my alt account Rudolph with one thing in mind: SMEN.

However, as I progressed to ~SMEN 13 I find myself getting more empathetic with it. Rudolph’s story was meant to be one who has no place in this cruel earth, even in FL. Yet I think that it would be best if it lived all that it can before running towards the inevitable road NORTHwards. It already found love in the non-judgemental arms of a Master Thief and I think it can do more within its limited time.

So no, I’m not quitting SMEN but rather just postponing it at its early stages. Rudolph is a Rubbery soul waiting to bloom. It would be a shame to nip it in the bud.[/quote]

By all means. Every player should decide whether and how to play the SMEN storyline. My alt is currently taking a slow, leisurely time of building SMEN and collecting items she will need. If I were actively roleplaying this, I would roleplay it as though much of the time, she doesn’t think about the Name, but in dark moments the obsession arises from the back corner of her mind and consumes her.

A big point of SMEN is lost when you play it on an alt, the loss is bad and forces you to do grinds and stories again but if you say no to that then the story just isn’t meant for you…yet.

I’m still Seeking myself but there is a point where I will turn back so I created a new character to take that final step. That doesn’t mean that I won’t get attached but it does mean that I am playing them so that certain things do not matter.

I’m not in any hurry though so they will explore a lot of what London has to offer before they reach their inevitable end.

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=Pyrodinium]
By all means. Every player should decide whether and how to play the SMEN storyline. My alt is currently taking a slow, leisurely time of building SMEN and collecting items she will need. If I were actively roleplaying this, I would roleplay it as though much of the time, she doesn’t think about the Name, but in dark moments the obsession arises from the back corner of her mind and consumes her.[/quote]

Glad to hear that others are taking the slow and steady route. :) I like your character’s roleplay justification too.