Polythreme Boat ride.

If I pay for a trip to the Polythreme do I get a special storyline? I only ask because it seemed hinted at.

Yes, though it’s mostly about how tedious the voyage is.

They’re right too.

It’s also faster in your own ship, but if you don’t have one, how else will you get there?

It’s still worth playing, but only once.

Pretty much my thoughts. The romance options were a nice touch, but disappointingly brief.

So its not its not Victorian era titanic?

The Neath equivalent of a Titanic would be the ship running into a mountain of talking glim in the Sea of Voice and have you drowning while the water flirts with you incessantly. Probably as romantic as the Titanic I guess?

It’s a pretty cool story. I’m glad I took it, but I won’t be taking it again.
At 1cp per action it’s slower than my own ship and I don’t get any Experienced Zailor points.
edited by Nigel Overstreet on 4/2/2012

Hmmm. Just tried it. Come to think of it, why can these people can profit / sell tickets while they are on their way to Polythreme, but important people like us can’t offer to take extra passengers on board to Polythreme ourselves even when we have better ships?

I always assumed your character does this on every trip, which is why it only costs a little Rostygold to depart, despite requiring large quantities of food, fresh water, and other supplies.

Given my number of pets, companions, and associates, my vessel already feels like a floating menagerie. Given some of their temperaments passengers would (perhaps justifiably) fear their fellow shipmates more than any pirates or monsters of the zee. Also, the pool of fellow Londoners that would are willing to pay for the privilege of riding a ship that sinks intentionally is understandably small.

[quote=Dave ]
Given my number of pets, companions, and associates, my vessel already feels like a floating menagerie. Given some of their temperaments passengers would (perhaps justifiably) fear their fellow shipmates more than any pirates or monsters of the zee. Also, the pool of fellow Londoners that would are willing to pay for the privilege of riding a ship that sinks intentionally is understandably small.[/quote]

I have a Zubmarine too and my use of the Correspondence means I have to be careful only to hire uninquisitive cabin boys. Having one burst into flames is bad for morale.
edited by Martin Hopfield on 4/4/2012

Apparently if you go to Polythreme via your own ship, you can return via Tramp Steamer- I’m considering doing that to check this out. Is the story the same each way? (And will my ship find a way back to London without me?)

I went to Polythreme with my ship, took the Steamer away…
And immediately set sail on my own ship again when I reached London, so…

And the story is the same. You have two different romance, but at the end of the journey it works much like sailing your own ship (you pick the destination at the end of the journey), so the content is the same.