Player\Player divorce - will it be possible?

My character’s Player spouse has disapperaed from the Neath, and I want to marry another. But I can’t! My profile says &quotespoused to&quot and then nothing( I really wish you could divorce a Player character(((

Divorce isn’t possible yet, but there are plans to implement it.

Seems legit. Even IRL Victorian ladies were allowed to let go after two full years of mourning!

If the character doesn’t exist enymore, then I suggest contacting Failbetter’s support. Somehow I doubt the game would let you divorce nobody even if player divorces were a thing.

Anybody else think that the divorce should work like the moon leages or other PVP?

Somebody should end up dead, the one not dead comes away with more of the shared resources.

You know, that sounds like work to be done with a Knife. Of course you need a Candle to see such work by, and I think it would best be done under the auspices of the Moon.

I would also like to &quotarrange&quot myself a new spouse. There is no doubt this should be a difficult task but i would like the option for it. There was only around 325 divorces granted, by parliament no less, before the 1857 law.

Im sure lots of spouses were to succumb to &quotaccidents&quot rather than divorces, the writers here are more than capable of working out the appropriate details.

I’ve been wondering the same.
As near I can tell, the character my character married hasn’t been around since December last year.

After the wedding, the social actions dried up pretty quickly. Was kind of a disappointing silence, especially after all the social actions involved in the courting and wedding planning, tbh.
So I’m hopeful that when they implement these changes they also add social actions to do with your Spouse. Maybe similar to the current available options, but improved slightly to better compensate for it only being available with one person. Even if it requires Free Evenings, It’d be good to go make waves with my (future) spouse as we attend high society events, or carouse together at the local tavern, or attend plays, or poetry readings, or symphonies together.
edited by Kittenpox on 6/23/2015

[quote=Ben ]Anybody else think that the divorce should work like the moon leages or other PVP?

Somebody should end up dead, the one not dead comes away with more of the shared resources.[/quote]

Sorry for the offtop, but the comments are more amusing than the topic itself.
Pop-corn, anyone ?

It should work like the divorce from June’s Exceptional story. Bring proof of ham and hope that no one bribes the judge to keep the two of you together!

No, it should work like the Struggling Artist where an opportunity card frequently shows up for you to send auto-accepted social actions that steal jade and give scandals.