Play-testing "Heroic"

[quote=Chrysoula]I came back to this after a vacation and I was no longer blocked! Yay! I played for a bit. I now have ‘You Need To Rest’ and no way to get rid of it sometimes. Othertimes I get medbay option?

More importantly, I have ‘Working A Cold Case’, unlocked with Obsession 2. And on the unusable card, it says, ‘Unlock with Background Child of Legacy. You have Background Child of Circumstance’. Probably an, er, legacy thing but I think I need debug assistance to progress. :-)[/quote]

Thanks, that was a real important bug. I can’t believe I goofed like that!..Again. Also the Medbay option with no requirements should always be there, if it isn’t I don’t know what’s gone wrong.

Today I’m sending live the next batch of Finding Fame! While most other parts of this game are cops & robbers-y with an emphasis on street crime and gangs, this section was inspired by my love of Silver-Age campery. Hopefully people won’t find it too tonally dissonant, most of the darker stuff is locked off to the other two stories anyway. After all the time I spent agonising over the Murder Obsession, this one was a joy to write.

Anyways you gloryhounds, go out there and bring the Wreckless to justice!

I don’t know if this is an error or just a card that I cannot access, but on the card Stop A Mugging the forth option is titled with … as it’s description. The option is locked, and says I need Impossible! 1 and AN Enemy Of Wreckless 1 (I have 7).

I also still have An Enemy of the Golem 1, even though I have defeated him…
edited by Katbeth86 on 8/19/2012

Sorry about that, I made 2 branches by accident and though I’d hidden the redundant one. Fixed now.

OKie doke, I am glad it was an easy fix for you ^_^ Also, apparently I edited my last post while you were replying to it, so I am not sure if the Enemy of the Golem thing should still be on my profile?

Due to some poor planning on my part, that stat can continue to rise after you’ve defeated him. I have a vague plan to introduce a “Golem’s Revenge” event somewhere down the line, but I’m prioritising story content at the moment.

OKie doke, then I won’t worry about it. Is the Wreckless storyline supposed to loop? Because I just defeated them, and it offered it to me again.

Again, embarrassing bug. No, it’s not.

I should have mentioned this earlier (apologies!), but when I was facing off against The Golem I picked the option to try and physically take him out (the one that comes with the “warning, this is a bad idea” note on it). I failed, which is fine, but now I’m having real trouble getting to a point where I can even find the “Seeking The Golem” quality again. Am I just being slow to get there, or is it a bug?

(Apologies for such a vague summary of the problem; I was away from my computer for a bit and I’m afraid I really don’t remember anymore if it took this long to get “Seeking The Golem” last time. It’s entirely possible it did and I am simply misremembering.)

Frances

[quote=Torrain]I should have mentioned this earlier (apologies!), but when I was facing off against The Golem I picked the option to try and physically take him out (the one that comes with the “warning, this is a bad idea” note on it). I failed, which is fine, but now I’m having real trouble getting to a point where I can even find the “Seeking The Golem” quality again. Am I just being slow to get there, or is it a bug?

(Apologies for such a vague summary of the problem; I was away from my computer for a bit and I’m afraid I really don’t remember anymore if it took this long to get “Seeking The Golem” last time. It’s entirely possible it did and I am simply misremembering.)

Frances[/quote]

I’ve tried replicating your situation, and both “succeeding” and failing that option both seem fine to me. The Fail is where your Wounded! jumps to 10, but you should still be able to face The Golem straight away from the same card. The “success” resets your Seeking TG, and you then have to go back onto the Finding Fame card to restart your search.

[quote=CalicoJack][quote=Torrain]I should have mentioned this earlier (apologies!), but when I was facing off against The Golem I picked the option to try and physically take him out (the one that comes with the “warning, this is a bad idea” note on it). I failed, which is fine, but now I’m having real trouble getting to a point where I can even find the “Seeking The Golem” quality again. Am I just being slow to get there, or is it a bug?

Frances[/quote]

I’ve tried replicating your situation, and both “succeeding” and failing that option both seem fine to me. The Fail is where your Wounded! jumps to 10, but you should still be able to face The Golem straight away from the same card. The “success” resets your Seeking TG, and you then have to go back onto the Finding Fame card to restart your search.[/quote]

Wow, that was a lightning response. :) Alright, then I probably misremembered something. I’ll wait until the Finding Fame card shows up again (I have the FF Quality at 1 in the sidebar) and take another shot at him.

Thank you so much,

Frances

I just had a quick race through till I ran out of actions, and my first impression is that it’s a lot of fun. The writing’s sharp and keeps it exciting, the interplay between items and cards seems well thought-out, and it brought a grin to my face a number of times, like when I saw the little shout-out on (I think) the Watching the Cameras card. Cool stuff; I think you’ve got the genre down pat. Hopefully I can add something more productive when I’ve got further with it.

Now that we’ve turned monetization on, worlds like this one that have playtesting threads can request if they’re ready.

You can work out whether a world is ready for monetizing here:

http://bit.ly/SNHowToLetPeopleSpendMoneyOnYourWorld