Outfits are now available in Fallen London!

I agree with everything an_ocelot said.

I’d definitely like another slot for a max BDR outfit, even if getting another point of Notability is a somewhat rarer occurrence for me than encountering stat challenges that require equipment for 100% success. A save button would also be awesome.

Thank you, this is awesome. I suspect since any change to an individual item gets saved to that wardrobe (I can’t help thinking of the “capsule wardrobe” craze here) it’ll take regular maintenance to keep them optimized. But this covers 90% of my needs.

It’s a lovely little addition, even for one such as myself who hasn’t much in the way of clothes yet. My only challenge is remembering which outfit I’m using for which min/maxing.

– Mal

This is a huge time saver; especially on mobile devices where you have to click equipment more than once for it to actually equip. As an initial implementation, it’s great. I agree that while I figured out how things actually work pretty quickly my first thought was to look for a &quotsave&quot button although I don’t have strong feelings on the difference. Some things I’d love to see in the future:

1. The ability to create custom outfits with their own name rather than having just the hard coded 4.

2. The ability to change outfits from the main screen. The myself tab can be slow to load on slow server days or on a slow connection.

Thanks! This is quite a delicious update.

I’ve been puzzling over this - I didn’t realise that Call of Duty required its players to dress for dinner. Then I remembered its eveningwear-centred spin-off series, Call of Duty: Black Tie, and everything made sense.

[li]

I’ve been puzzling over this - I didn’t realise that Call of Duty required its players to dress for dinner. Then I remembered its eveningwear-centred spin-off series, Call of Duty: Black Tie, and everything made sense.[/quote]
I’ve long lobbied for Call of Duty to change from a boring first person shooter into am exciting, fast paced Edwardian era etiquette simulator.
I was out voted eleventy billion to one.

Woah! This is a really awesome new feature (though I’ll definitely chime in with a +1 to the save button).

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]I’ve long lobbied for Call of Duty to change from a boring first person shooter into am exciting, fast paced Edwardian era etiquette simulator.
I was out voted eleventy billion to one.[/quote]

Well, at least we’ll always have The Last Express, with its &quotpassing by strangers in a narrow corridor&quot and &quotfalling asleep during a duet for piano and violin&quot simulations… not to mention &quotresponsible disposal of an unwanted body&quot and &quotfacilitating an arms deal between German agents and Serbian nationalists.&quot

I second this. Quality-oriented names for slots would be much more helpful to me. Marvelous idea nevertheless.

[quote=Docteur]Working great, thanks a lot! It’ll be quite useful.

However, would it be possible to get a 5th outfit type? (Persuasive, Watchful, Dangerous, Shadowy, and BDR)
It could be called &quotSunday’s clothes&quot or something!
edited by Docteur on 10/28/2015
edited by Docteur on 10/28/2015[/quote]

My thoughts on this:

First, a big Thank You to FBG for implementing this useful feature.

I agree with other comments made here by others for improvements - adding Save functionality, and either supporting more outfits or allowing us to customize which ones (and how many) we want.

I think that outfits are mostly useful for:

• Maximizing a specific quality (mostly 4 outfits for the main qualities, though I guess some might want to specifically other qualities, e.g. Bizarre.).[/li][li]Maximizing BDR[/li][li]Day-to-day default go-to outfit (usually a balanced mix).

So, unless we can customize as many outfits as we choose, I think 6 standard outfits will be most effective (with a Save function, so we can play with what is currently equipped without messing our preferred outfit choices).

Well, I guess that makes all the outfit-changing plugins obsolete? Anyway, great update - I find myself using it constantly already.

That’s exactly what I’m missing, too. Overall I’m very pleased with this new feature, but four outfits simply aren’t enough: as a stat-maxed player, I don’t usually dress Persuasive-only or Shadowy-only, but use a nicely balanced mix to give all four stats a boost. So, add a Default Everyday outfit plus one for BDR, and this will be perfect! :)

A delicious update! Thank you! Now … what shall be my Evening attire?

Awesome feature! Does need a save button though, as specified by many of the others before me. The current implementation is a little unintuitive.

When I discovered this, I had a curious time playing with it. Much to my dismay changing the selection did nothing at all… Until I discovered I had to click outside the box before it took effect. Finicky touchscreen devices are like that, you know.

I’m still not sure whether to assign watchful to evening and persuasive to morning or vice-versa.

More outfit options would be nice. Along with the regular stats and BDR, I like to have a generic “this improves everything!” getup. Maybe an ability to add/name our own outfits would be doable?

Morning’s for business, evening’s for pleasure. So, I’d say Watchful and Persuasive, respectively.

[li]

[quote=Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook]
Morning’s for business, evening’s for pleasure. So, I’d say Watchful and Persuasive, respectively.

[li][/quote]
I agreed completely with the first line. the second i disagree with horribly.
[/li]

While I agree that the names thematically suggest maximizing each of your stats, I’d like to point out that for most POSI, or at least end game players, there is never call for maximizing Dangerous, so that’s one slot open for BDR, or as your casual “switch things around as needed” slot.

There certainly is a call for it if you have The Listing Tower: Intrigue in a Half-Abandoned Mansion and a A Proud Parade of Victories.

I too would like to mirror what others have said; a few more outfits would be wonderful, a save button could help and being able to name the outfits yourself would be even better. But I do realise that is quite a bit more work.