Outfits are now available in Fallen London!

[color=#0066ff]Delicious friends!

You are now able to create Outfits in Fallen London!

On the Myself tab, you’ll find you are now wearing one of four outfit types: Morning, Evening, Hard Wearing and Incognito.

You can equip different items to each outfit. Any substitutions you make to individual items will be applied to the outfit you’re currently wearing.

Changing your outfit from the drop-down menu will switch you from one to another.

This is an initial version of this functionality, so we’re interested to receive your feedback!

Enjoy![/color]
edited by h4nchan on 10/28/2015

Working great, thanks a lot! It’ll be quite useful.

However, would it be possible to get a 5th outfit type? (Persuasive, Watchful, Dangerous, Shadowy, and BDR)
It could be called &quotSunday’s clothes&quot or something!
edited by Docteur on 10/28/2015
edited by Docteur on 10/28/2015

Pretty neat upgrade ! Thanks a lot ! It works fine, just have to collect enough items to truly use it

Or, maybe, &quotDelicious&quot

I find that pretty unintuitive and likely to lead to confusion; could we please have a &quotsave&quot button?

Thank you for this change! It’ll save so much time switching between outfits for enhancing different qualities!

Great!. Thank you! This will save a lot of time.
I agree that it will be even better if we have a fifth outfit for BDR.

Thank you. I’ve been wanting something like this for a while now. Huge time-saver!

Great feature, thank you! Of course, if it were to suit all my needs, it would need: the four existing ones, Max BDR, Max Respectable, Max Bizarre, Max Dreaded, and ‘other’. I know - some people are never happy.

[quote=Docteur]However, would it be possible to get a 5th outfit type? (Persuasive, Watchful, Dangerous, Shadowy, and BDR)
It could be called &quotSunday’s clothes&quot or something![/quote]

I can’t but imagine Respectable, Dreaded and Bizarre outfits being called Sunday Best, Sunday Worst and Sunday What?

Anyhoo, super-cool feature! Amazing to see such a popular fan-mod project become part of the core game! In practical terms, being able to switch items without altering a saved outfit would indeed be nice - keep one’s stat-boosting outfits up one’s sleeve, so to speak, while wearing something more middle-of-the-road or tailored for some other purpose.
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 10/28/2015

This is awesome! Thanks to everyone at Failbetter!

This is starting to get a bit Call Of Duty-ish, but not a bad thing. Can we have some custom loadout slots as per RandomWalker’s post above, even if they’re limited to Exceptional players or earn-able through game progress? Most people will want the customs specifically towards BDR activity like Notability grinds or earning the five-card properties.
edited by Sephjnr on 10/28/2015
edited by Sephjnr on 10/28/2015

Fantastic! No more poking hopelessly at the iPhone screen hoping that -this- time the item will equip properly!

Fantastic! No more poking hopelessly at the iPhone screen hoping that -this- time the item will equip properly!

I find that pretty unintuitive and likely to lead to confusion; could we please have a &quotsave&quot button?[/quote]

I’m also finding that actually SETTING the outfits is really confusing and hard to do.
By which I mean I still haven’t figured out how to do it.

[quote=Kit Foxtrick]I’m also finding that actually SETTING the outfits is really confusing and hard to do.
By which I mean I still haven’t figured out how to do it.[/quote]For me, and probably for everyone else, the default loadout was &quotMorning&quot, so when I switched to anything else it removed all my equipped items except my ship, spouse and club. Which allowed me to set the items for the loadout I had selected. Perhaps it is unintuitive, but it doesn’t seem particularly complicated to learn.

Kit Foxtrick, exactly.

First, select the name of the outfit you want to set. Then equip whatever you want for that outfit. It auto-saves whenever you make a change. Any changes you make will therefore be reflected in that outfit, UNLESS you switch outfits first.

Like I said, confusing. I’d much rather it only save when I ask it to–I’d like to set four stat-maxing outfits and then be able to modify what I’m wearing without changing the saved outfit (like now, at Hallowmas, I need menace-maxing items, so when Hallowmas is over, I’ll have to fix the main outfit to be stat-maxing again).
edited by an_ocelot on 10/28/2015

(Excuse me: I forgot to say this is awesome and I’m really glad that it’s available without having to use a browser extension. Where are my manners today.)

I find that pretty unintuitive and likely to lead to confusion; could we please have a &quotsave&quot button?[/quote]

Yeah, especially during a seasonal event like Hallowmas where a lot of us are constantly changing gear for menaces, it becomes significantly less useful.

This is an awesome new feature, and I like it a lot already. I would chime in with some of the above and say a) a save button would make this much more intuitive, and b) more custom outfits would be awesome, even if only for Exceptional Friends or something.