Our own personal island? only 2000 $

Hello fellow zailers! It seems in the kickstarter for the sunless zea, the top reward for backing with 2000 dollars is that you design your very own island. Imagine that! I will probably only donate 500 dollars but if i was to design my own island, it would be the ruins of art deco skyscrapers. How did they get to the neath? What allows the mysterious boxes to sing? Who are mysterious islanders who claim that they are from the future?
What islands would YOU create gentlemen and women?

Heavens; that’s a question. Cheaper than a Surface-island, though possibly with less jovial neighbours (though I was once cussed out by one of the feuding kings of an island nation - but that’s a foolish story for another time.) Would my hypothetical island, I wonder, be a remnant of one of London’s southern suburbs - a windswept former common and a towering tangle of railway lines protruding from the zee like the broken fang of a long-dead jaguar god - or some more ancient Neathy locale? Actually, come to think of it - I’d design a one-respected college of art, cut off from the city and left to rot by the Fall, its corridors and grounds now haunted by the ghosts of unfinished paintings and unpublished schools.

Rats.
Someone give me £2000, please.

[quote=Spacemarine9]Rats.
Someone give me £2000, please.[/quote]
If only it was echos. I could buy a continent.

I think I would put a city made of cheese on my island, and situate it far away from Spacemarine’s island :D

Also, don’t forget the kickstarter’s in pounds, so it’s about $3,100.

Yikes! Can they use euros instead? The euro is much weaker against the dollar right now![li]

I’m still busy wishing I had an extra $50 so I could afford the £100 level

If you convert the pounds to dollars, the Kickstarter prices look like this:[li]

[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £10 or more – Pledge $15.51[/color]
The Zailor’s Pack

[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £15 or more --Pledge $23.27[/color]
The Daguerrotypist’s Pack

[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £20 or more – Pledge $31.03[/color]
The Explorer’s Pack

[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £30 or more – Pledge $46.54[/color]
The Pantherine Pack

[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £50 or more – Pledge $77.56[/color]
The Corsair’s Pack

[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £100 or more – Pledge $155.13[/color]
The Navigator’s Pack

[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £500 or more – Pledge $775.65[/color]
The Officer’s Pack

[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £1,000 or more – Pledge $1551.30[/color]
The Monster Pack

[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £2,000 or more – Pledge $3102.60[/color]
The Pioneer’s Pack

I too was disappointed to find the amounts were in GBP but it makes sense for FBG obviously.

As to the island:

I’d design an island with a cargo cult that due to an old shipwreck filled with clockwork items now worships these even though all have stopped working. The island would be filled with crude, non-working remakes of the items.

Any ship visiting the island can abuse this fact by trading some simple clockwork items for glim which has little value to these people. Many of the islanders would also be chomping at the bits to sign on as crew when told that Fallen London is filled with clockwork items.

Feel free to use this idea as I won’t be able to afford this tier.

[quote=Rhysdux]If you convert the pounds to dollars, the Kickstarter prices look like this:[li]
[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £10 or more – Pledge $15.51[/color]
The Zailor’s Pack
[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £15 or more --Pledge $23.27[/color]
The Daguerrotypist’s Pack
[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £20 or more – Pledge $31.03[/color]
The Explorer’s Pack
[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £30 or more – Pledge $46.54[/color]
The Pantherine Pack
[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £50 or more – Pledge $77.56[/color]
The Corsair’s Pack
[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £100 or more – Pledge $155.13[/color]
The Navigator’s Pack
[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £500 or more – Pledge $775.65[/color]
The Officer’s Pack
[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £1,000 or more – Pledge $1551.30[/color]
The Monster Pack
[color=rgb(182, 172, 160)]Pledge £2,000 or more – Pledge $3102.60[/color]
The Pioneer’s Pack[/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]I find a much more useful comparison is converting them into cappuccinos. Or, at a certain price, I move from necessity (coffee) to luxury items. It’s easier to establish how much I’d pay when compared to other things I want but don’t … ‘need’.
[/li][li]

The Zailor’s Pack is just under one (working) day’s worth of coffee.[/li]The Daguerrotypist’s Pack: is one day’s worth of coffee and that day’s supply of cake.
The Explorer’s Pack: is two day’s worth of cafe based consumption, after the realisation I’m spending too much money on cake.
The Pantherine Pack: is the cost of a mid-range, non-luxury bra. Or a cheap ASOS dress you regret buying but can’t be bothered to send back.
The Corsair’s Pack: is 2/3rds of the cost of a decent sashimi based dinner. No pudding.
The Navigator’s Pack: is a pair of Russell and Bromley ankle boots, on sale. Or an unfortunate round of cocktails in an average London bar. whimper (Wasn’t me, thank god.)
The Officer’s Pack: Starts becoming things I can’t always justify buying in other areas of life. :-( Vivenne Westwood blazer, new. Proper posture office chair, on massive sale as shop worn. … Three months of coffee. New phone.
The Monster Pack: New laptop.
The Pioneer’s Pack: Three ski holidays.

… On which basis I’ve calculated it would be churlish of me to go below the Navigator’s pack. Especially when I consider the hours of free gameplay I’ve had over the last couple of years from FL. Of course, were I to suddenly win/find/be given a ton of money, I’d totally get the Pioneer’s Pack and make the FL entirely regret offering it. manic laugh

[color=#009900]Hi folks![/color][li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Yup, we have no choice but to use GBP - for elaborate non-interesting reasons, the US Kickstarter route is closed to us and it has to be UK. Roughly 2/3 of our audience is in the States, so we’d use USD if we could. [1][/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]We don’t have the option of using euros on KS-UK (and we probably wouldn’t anyway, tbh, since we’d need to translate it back into GBP at our end).[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]We will, as seems to be the convention, advertise the price in USD at go-live time. We can’t run a live currency tracker and we can’t edit pledge reward descriptions once someone’s picked them -[/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)] but KS will tell you your local currency price before you actually hit the buy button on the pledge, you won’t pledge blind.[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]However I like BFW’s comparison list so much I may well link to / republish that (with permission).[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]Rhysdux’s list matches the currency service we use to within a couple of dollars at the high end.[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]
[/color]

[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)][1] If anyone’s interested, after that it’s UK, Canada, Australia, Germany, Sweden in roughly that order, as far as we can tell, with some representation from Singapore and Poland and a long tail of other countries. Feel free to shout out if you’re from further afield - I’m always curious.[/color]

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]
[li]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]However I like BFW’s comparison list so much I may well link to / republish that (with permission).[/color]
[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]
[/color][/quote]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]For a small fee.
[/li][li]…[/li][li]…[/li][li]THE NAME TELL ME THE NAME.[/li][li]
[/li][li]I mean, of course you can. …
[/li][li]Where are these dots coming from? Why? WHY?
[/li]