Opportunity Cards Acting Oddly

I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t already reported, but sending in more bug reports with additional details can’t hurt.

I have to say, despite it being annoying/strange, it is nice to see the cards I haven’t seen in a long time, and sometimes don’t even remember.
(But I hope it gets fixed soon)
edited by suinicide on 6/1/2016

It is a rather strange blast from the past, with all the cards I haven’t seen since I was new to Fallen London. I do hope they fix whatever caused this oddity fast though.

Actual auto-fire cards (such as the dreams) are also not functioning properly, I note.

[color=#FF9900] We’ve locked a number of opportunity cards that have begun acting oddly. We’ll be looking into this tomorrow - do please submit bug reports to support@failbettergames.com if you’ve experienced this: it’ll help us track down what’s happening and which cards are affected. Thanks![/color]
edited by babelfishwars on 6/1/2016

I’d wallow in nostalgia like you if I don’t have enough alts to find their displacement bewildering.

[color=#C2B280]This should all now be fixed. Please do drop an email to our support address if you notice anything odd, though.[/color]

I drew the Polite Deacon needs a Discreet Favor card about 10 minutes ago. It did not auto fire, though.
edited by th8827 on 6/1/2016

I just drew the A Broken Mind card.
edited by Shweees on 6/1/2016

Ah. I was in a Heist and just left it; those cards seem to be alright (though they may have some requirements attached, it occurs to me). Mr. Wines is holding a sale appears to work normally (no requirements) however. And I had an autofire dream card which worked as usual as well.

I also just got &quotA Broken Mind&quot, &quotStop! Thieves!&quot, &quotRetrieve a courier’s correspondence&quot & &quotThe Poet of the Streets&quot as working opp cards, no autofire.

Nostalgia is increasing… ;)
edited by phryne on 6/1/2016

[color=#C2B280]It looks like at least two things have gone awry: a number of storylets lost their branches, and a number of them lost their quality effects and requirements. I’m fairly confident I’ve dealt with the missing branches; unfortunately, requirements and effects are going to be more complicated, and it’s midnight here in London. We’ll take a look at this in the morning – please bear with us till then.[/color]

So that’s what is happening. A little while ago I drew “The Secular Missionary”, which made no sense because I’ve already entered the Cave of the Nadir. Although the card didn’t auto-fire (I backed out of it), it also didn’t display any unlocking requirements. Curiously, I was hovering over it a couple of minute ago and the locking requirements appeared in the tooltip, then disappeared again (while the tooltip remained in place).

Also, a few minutes ago I lost both exceptional storylets that normally appeared universally (the Family Ties starter and an early storylet from “Five Minutes to Midday”). They’re back now.

I’ve had no issues with actions being eaten by autofire cards, but I have gotten a lot of cards I’m overqualified for. Got a cheap Criminal Favor from “An opportunity for profit”, heh.

I got “A Conversation In The Rain” despite having 5 Uncovering the Secrets of the Face Tailor. I clicked the first option and got a few more cp of Secrets of the Face Tailor.

Is messing with this sort of thing rude and/or a ToS violation? I think it’s pretty cool, but I don’t want to break anything…

I’m kinda curious if retired cards came back as well. Or perhaps the rarerest cards ended up in the deck?

I just got one of the very earliest Shadowy cards in Spite, and I’m capped out on everything.

Just drew The Secular Missionary and Dragsman’s Work so the issue clearly isn’t fixed. Though if the cards can be played now, I wonder if it would be possible to reset the Secular Missionary and Revolutionary Firebrand stories and get the Missionary too…[li]

PURELY out of curiousity, has anyone encountered the Revolutionary Firebrand intro card? ;)
edited by Optimatum on 6/1/2016

[quote=Optimatum]Just drew The Secular Missionary and Dragsman’s Work so the issue clearly isn’t fixed. Though if the cards can be played now, I wonder if it would be possible to reset the Secular Missionary and Revolutionary Firebrand stories and get the Missionary too…[li]

PURELY out of curiousity, has anyone encountered the Revolutionary Firebrand intro card? ;)
edited by Optimatum on 6/1/2016[/quote]
Not thus far.
[/li]

I have discarded the Secular Missionary card because I didn’t want to break anything, but I did play “Neighbourhood watch”. Tying myself up for a little jade? That felt weird…