Opportunity Cards Acting Oddly

The last several opportunity cards I’ve tried to play have displayed text and &quotOnwards&quot only, with no options then discarded themselves. Is anybody else experiencing this?

It looks as though many appear to be acting normally, but Demi-Monde: The Bohemians as well as several ones I can’t recall ever seeing before have been complete wastes.
edited by Wiwo on 6/1/2016

Yes.
Was just coming here to report this.

Also I’m getting cards I haven’t seen since hitting POSI

Yes. I’m having that also. Examples:
A stranded urchin (require A Name Signed with a Flourish 0-2)
The Secular Missionary (require not having Intimate with a Secular Missionary)
etc.
edited by Gonen on 6/1/2016

WARNING:

Currently, nearly ALL cards with no unlock requirements are bugged. This include Faction Cards, A Presumptuous Opportunity and any early game cards unlocked by default (even if they are locked off later on, say A Name 0-2).

These cards are being turned to autofire card - with their original text. Which is to say, if you click on them, you will see the regular text of the card presented in an empty result screen. You will lose an action along with the card.
[b]
[color=#FF0000]Rule of thumb: [color=FF3300]If the card has no unlock requirement, don’t click on them.[/color] You will lose both card and action automatically.

[color=FF3300]AVOID FLASH LAY, CAVE OF NADIR AND SIMILAR CARD-BASED AREAS FOR THE MEANTIME.[/color]

Any cards that display some sort of unlock requirements should be fine. Storylets are safe.[/color]
[/b]
(I know we are not normally allowed colours, but more people need to see this)

edited by Estelle Knoht on 6/1/2016

I also experienced this. I got A Protector of Cats (which I should be overqualified for), Park and Place: Society, and Slime and Amber, all of which did not give me any actions to choose from, and counted as actions themselves.

I just ran into one of these. It was Dragman’s Work which I’m well past. I’m still seeing cards that I do qualify for and they’re working fine. It seems cards that you’re missing qualifications have been mixed into the deck but, due to lack of qualification, their options are hidden.

The options are not hidden. The card got turned into an autofire card - that’s why the button became &quotOnwards!&quot instead of &quotPerhaps not&quot and the screen is empty, because these cards are supposed to contain options instead of results, so the game just eat your actions and display no results.

I lost two good cards before I figured out what was going on… Wonder what’s going on.

This is the sort of error that makes me curious about how the back end of the system works.

Was this the result of trying to change the system, or did somebody make a mistake of changing a flag that shouldn’t have been touched…

Surely this should have happened on DEV, not on LIVE.

Of course I am on my Windows phone this afternoon,unable to mouse over text, so I can’t preview requirements. Alas, alack.

Yeah, I’ve reported it to FB, but wow is it annoying. I’ve lost two 'a visit’s, and lots of actions before I worked out what was wrong. (Hey, I’m sleepy).

[quote=Ben ]This is the sort of error that makes me curious about how the back end of the system works.

Was this the result of trying to change the system, or did somebody make a mistake of changing a flag that shouldn’t have been touched…

Surely this should have happened on DEV, not on LIVE.[/quote]

And yet, the ever-present temptation of the straight-to-production hotfix…

Same problem here - I pulled Burning Shadows, and something about recovering letters for a courier, and Reminders of Brighter Days, and they all just took me “onwards” without any other options available.

Oof, yeah. I just had “A Visit” discard after I clicked Onwards.

I lost a presumptuous little opportunity because of this; when the RNG isn’t cruel enough, bugs take over its job!

Same here…

I have the same problem.

Actually came on just to report this too but glad to see others are quicker and this thread has been made. Does anyone know if a dev or mod has been alerted to this glitch?
Edit: It seems I can’t accept invites either. Might be something to note.
edited by Amelia Syrus on 6/1/2016

Oh God this is annoying, hope Failbetter gets to it soon, don’t have much else to add here.