Opening a Bundle of Oddities as an unlock

&quotRob a Drunk&quot in Spite and &quotRowdy Times at the Medusa’s Head&quot in Watchmaker’s Hill have an unlock requirement that says &quotUnlocked when you do not have Opening a Bundle of Oddities&quot.

I don’t really understand this condition. When you have &quotOpening a Bundle of Oddities&quot you are forced into the &quotBundle of Oddities&quot storylet and then you lose the condition. So, as far as I know, you never ever have &quotOpening a Bundle of Oddities&quot otherwise. So, if that’s the case, what is the point of this condition?..

This is a super-vague recollection, but I’m fairly sure I reported a bug once where you could repeat a bundle-giving action without actually opening the bundle, which meant you lost your reward, so I think that’s meant to force you into actually opening the bundle.
edited by an_ocelot on 7/3/2015

That seems like a pretty reliable way of ensuring that bug doesn’t happen - with the added bonus that we can see at a glance which actions are likely to provide Bundles of Oddities, without needing to refer back to the wiki. ^_^

[quote=an_ocelot]This is a super-vague recollection, but I’m fairly sure I reported a bug once where you could repeat a bundle-giving action without actually opening the bundle, which meant you lost your reward, so I think that’s meant to force you into actually opening the bundle.
edited by an_ocelot on 7/3/2015[/quote]

I think I had this happening with the &quothoist the black flag&quot option on the Zee, back when the bundle would only trigger after returning to London.