On the topic of FQ Expeditions...

Same here, happy to.accept nightmares.I’m getting Watchful Christmas cards too, so they’re disappearing for free.

You might as well get used to it, John, since doing Curio Searches in the FQ is one of the few ways to raise SotC to 7. I spent three days on it, myself, but the amount of Hints and Whispers I got was obscene (around 2000 of the former and 4000 of the latter). I have reasonably high Watchful, though, so I had less concerns with Nightmares. Feel free to send some my way. And don’t forget the Tankard for your supply needs.

– Mal

[quote=John Savage]And now it’s back to trying to raise the items I need to go back in… I need to grind for Whispered Hints… somewhere…

I have no echoes and not a lot left to sell to raise funds…[/quote]

You might want to take a stroll around the quad at the University. It’s a decent Watchful training action and won’t give you nightmares on a fail.

I think he is trying to raise archaeologist enough to do the Tomb of the Seven. Until that is done I don’t think you have access to the stories in the University. But once you are a Scholar of the Correspondence that is a very useful thing.

[quote=malthaussen]You might as well get used to it, John, since doing Curio Searches in the FQ is one of the few ways to raise SotC to 7. I spent three days on it, myself, but the amount of Hints and Whispers I got was obscene (around 2000 of the former and 4000 of the latter). I have reasonably high Watchful, though, so I had less concerns with Nightmares. Feel free to send some my way. And don’t forget the Tankard for your supply needs.

– Mal[/quote]

I have no idea how to get my first point in SotC… LOL

Can’t afford stuff right now… unless I sell off everything… and I am never sure what is safe to sell… D’oh!

Thanks for the kitten… :-)

Your first point of SotC will come after you complete the Tomb of Seven, which will also open the University to you. So keep on keeping on.
Most stuff can be sold without worry. If you have more than one of it, you can get more of it. Stuff that has been up-converted usually sells for as many echoes as the lower-level stuff, but you may get a bonus for up-converting, so I usually get as many things as high as I can and then sell them.

– Mal
edited by malthaussen on 12/14/2015

[quote=malthaussen]Your first point of SotC will come after you complete the Tomb of Seven, which will also open the University to you. So keep on keeping on.

– Mal[/quote]

ugh! well if I don’t find Hints somewhere… it will be a VERY LONG run

I have been without a “profession” for about a week now… all my stats are well above 70, and I have been waiting for a next-level opportunity… none yet…

So I just noticed I still had An Earnest of Payment sitting in my inventory… a bit of wiki-surfing showed me that Enquirer gets 500 Hints… so now I am (temporarily) an Enquirer… LOL

I’ll take it where I can get it…

For future reference, you can keep that Earnest until you get a job, or your next TtH comes. If you get a job in the interim, you will be paid at the new job’s level.

– Mal

[quote=malthaussen]For future reference, you can keep that Earnest until you get a job, or your next TtH comes. If you get a job in the interim, you will be paid at the new job’s level.

– Mal[/quote]

That was my plan… but my desperate needs outweighed the interminable waiting…

Currently at 32 supplies… still a bit more to go before I head for the Seven

Usually it’s a lot of trouble, but given that 4 Progress is a great help when starting, try to make your Airs of the Forgotten Quarter between 96-100 and you’ll start off with A Sign? Available.

This doesn’t work anymore. AoFQ will not go above 95 unless in expedition.

I WILL get this finished tomorrow… somehow! LOL

Thanks everyone!

[quote=Puutuulion]

This doesn’t work anymore. AoFQ will not go above 95 unless in expedition.[/quote]

Ah, I hadn’t seen that. But a logical change nevertheless.

Finished BTW! Thanks for everyone’s help!!

Something similar to this popped up during my Expedition… it actually pushed my Progress to 31… and a win! Yay!

Congratulations!

Something similar to this popped up during my Expedition… it actually pushed my Progress to 31… and a win! Yay![/quote]
A sign pops up sometimes in expeditions. IDK how viable it is to get, but it does happen for 4 progress. I don’t think it’s possible to truly chain though. the best case scenario probably looks like this:
(1 supply for 1 progress)-(a sign! +4 progress)-(1 supply for 1 progress)-(a sign! +4 progress)-(1 supply for 1 progress)-(a sign! +4 progress)…
etc. even that’s unlikely though. always take a sign, or another, similar option, when it appears.