On the subject of a Honeymoon

Hey there,

I recently got married to a captivating Lady, and do not feel like I have celebrated enough, despite having a lavish celebration that spilt into Veilgarden. Whether it be because of my bohemian tendencies, or if it’s a natural feeling of newly weds, I cannot say.

Regardless, I would like to arrange some sort of honeymoon for us, but have been stumped by the lack of options. Strangely, my dearest isn’t on my list of ‘seen with…’ so I cannot ‘attend to matters of the heart’ with her. The only options I can see thus far are ‘coffee at Caligula’s’ and ‘a private supper.’ Neither of which strike me as something befitting a honeymoon.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I’ve noticed that myself… apparently, once you’re married, you’re expected to stop dating. Or, well… dating each OTHER, anyway.

Well, speaking OOC, one could get the idea that some of the developers subscribe to the theory that tying the knot represents the final ‘game over’. No more adventures, no more stolen kisses, just wedded bliss segueing into mundanity. :p

Consider a Moon-League duel in, say, Polythreme or Hunter’s Keep. Love and murder! Love and murder!

The devs have said that options for married players will open in the future. In the meantime, Moon-league duels and RP letters are probably the best option, and it would b courteous to set at least one Free Evening a week to have supper with your wife!

[color=#ff9900]No, we subscribe to the idea that we only have so many fingers, and therefore we have to prioritise content. :)[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]We’d love to allow more options for married characters (and divorce, come to that). But we want to do it properly, we’d like to do something a bit different, and currently a bunch of stuff is higher up the list (like the next set of Ambition updates).[/color]

[color=#ff9900]No, we subscribe to the idea that we only have so many fingers, and therefore we have to prioritise content. :)[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]We’d love to allow more options for married characters (and divorce, come to that). But we want to do it properly, we’d like to do something a bit different, and currently a bunch of stuff is higher up the list (like the next set of Ambition updates).[/color][/quote]

Oh, pish-posh, developers are ALWAYS complaining about shortfall of fingers and whatnot, when the solution is so painfully obvious - they simply need to learn how to type with their toes, too! Twice the work-speed! :D

…jokes aside, though, it’s perfectly understandable that some content winds up on back-burner. That still doesn’t explain why it’s necessary to cut out the ‘dating’ aspect entirely after the wedding, though - it’s not like married people never go out for a debauched night on the town, or listen to chamber-music together, or get in bar-fights… or is it just MY parents? ^_^;
edited by BlakeTheDrake on 5/26/2015