On Grinding Worms

[quote=idyl][quote=Tsar Koschei]Why would you want to grind tasting-flights, though?[/quote]They sell for 1562.5 Echoes, which if done optimally is something like 8 EPA.[/quote]Do share, please!

EDIT: Ooooh, You use the Hellworm card to grind those materials and, instead of selling, you use them to gain a higher EPA!

Like in the old days when Shepherd had a good EPA when combined with multiple cards and stories.
edited by Skinnyman on 1/25/2022

For some reason, I have received a non-canon (entirely!) premonition of an option to &quotDrown your Hell Worm in Hesperidian Cider&quot, losing both … but perhaps it’s just a half-digested memory from Dune?
edited by Gangvann on 3/30/2022

A firkin holds a few gallons. You would need many many firkins to drown a Hellworm :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you want immortal hellworm drownies? Because this is how you get immortal hellworm drownies.

This raises an interesting question. Do you sometimes get premonitions that are canon?

[quote=idyl]Have any other Worm-owners looked into the efficiency of grinding out Tasting Flights through Milkings? …That’s a sentence I never thought I’d write, but here we are. It’s doesn’t take long before you have enough Discriminating Aconite (through a single Distillation of Retribution), and Holy Ointment (through a few Salves of Righteousness).

By the time you have those, you can gain enough Emetic Revelations through weekly Khanate payouts (supplemented by other sources, if needed). That leaves Peppercaps which can be gained over time through the Disillusioned Fungiculturalist card that you’ll be drawing while looking for the Worm card, and the Venom-Rubies, which are the biggest action sink (absolute minimum of 100 actions using Factory VIII).

It’s only semi-long term, but you’ll end up with most of the supplies eventually anyway.

~~
edited by idyl on 1/22/2022[/quote]

As a current worm owner gearing up for the saddle, over the course of several weeks I have concluded the gains are far too random to reliably grind Tasting Flights off the Worm alone.

…I have, however, acquired several Tears of the Bazaar AND a Vial of Master’s Blood. Which I definitely consider a much preferable deal.

It is surely tactless of me to complain, but…after two months of occasional hellworm milking, which has yielded two master’s bloods, two cantigaster venoms, and one tears (plus a hefty assortment of various vintages), I’m still miffed at not having gotten a Sap of the Cedar nor an actual Hellworm Milk. The collector in me is going crazy!

You just reminded me I DID also get a cantigaster venom out of my worm. Haven’t gotten the Sap yet, but I do have milk.