On card games and lords of hell (Mild Spoiler)

Regarding, specifically, the new Marvellous ambition content… I may have misinterpreted the opportunities available and left myself in a rather unpleasant position.

Imagine my joy at discovering I had a chance to farm such a rare item, the location of a one-time prince of hell! I could get my five-card residence, grind out a goat, maybe more!

Oh, wait… I can only do it once? But… but I already gave the one I made to the Brass Embassy (only weeks before the holiday events start too, because clearly my work on the correspondence has adversely affected my judgement). Well, I may have also sold the one I acquired a few months back to finance all of my projects at the time.

So now what? Clearly, I have only myself to blame, but I can’t progress in my ambition without one now. So I’m rather at a loss as to what to do next. I’m guessing that I’m stuck grinding out 3500 scraps? Maybe take another shot at the content in a few… months, maybe years? (In 8-9 months of play I’m only up to 850) Maybe I need to reset my ambition and try not to bungle it next time around?

Thoughts?

[quote=LastLaugh]Regarding, specifically, the new Marvellous ambition content… I may have misinterpreted the opportunities available and left myself in a rather unpleasant position.

Imagine my joy at discovering I had a chance to farm such a rare item, the location of a one-time prince of hell! I could get my five-card residence, grind out a goat, maybe more!

Oh, wait… I can only do it once? But… but I already gave the one I made to the Brass Embassy (only weeks before the holiday events start too, because clearly my work on the correspondence has adversely affected my judgement). Well, I may have also sold the one I acquired a few months back to finance all of my projects at the time.

So now what? Clearly, I have only myself to blame, but I can’t progress in my ambition without one now. So I’m rather at a loss as to what to do next. I’m guessing that I’m stuck grinding out 3500 scraps? Maybe take another shot at the content in a few… months, maybe years? (In 8-9 months of play I’m only up to 850) Maybe I need to reset my ambition and try not to bungle it next time around?

Thoughts?[/quote]
You can wait. I would. You should take every chance to gather scraps now, and you’ll only need 3200. I’ve played just over a year, and am at 2500 so it won’t be that long, if you’re active and hold all 4-card lodgings. 1 more year from now, probably.

either the ambition will be finished by then, in which case… well, you’ll have waited, but you can grind everything else up while you gather scrap, so you can do the entire remaining story in one go- or it won’t be finished by then, in which case you’ll be waiting for the next ambition extension anyways, just a few checkpoints behind us. (specifically, one zee-journey, one more material check… i think that’s it.)

It’s not a quick grind, but if you hang out in the Flit you can occasionally draw a care to cash out some connected Urchins for 20 scraps. I’ve had bad luck with it recently and only drawn 1 of those in 2 weeks of trying.

Yeah I’d just wait. It’s a pain but at least it’s a known quantity you need. And by then you’ll be that much closer to the final update!

Alright, thanks for the head’s up about how much was left in the current release. I guess if I’m still not close when the Ambition is finally finished I’ll reset it then. Too bad I won’t be able to perform “that” symphony at the Palace a second time… that was great. >D