On Breeding Beasts, and the Secrets of the Bishop

Good evening all.

I have a brief question regarding the access of content: while my abilities have led me to accumulate quite the menagerie of 'Neathy Beasties, I heard whispers that the option to further explore the Bishop’s past would be available to those for whom it was fated. I, however, am at a loss for how to pursue this road. Any suggestions?

You need to get the opportunity card ‘A Visit from a Cloaked Stranger’ and take the fate-locked option (20 Fate). The card requires “Making Progress in the Labyrinth of Tigers… 16”. I am not sure what else if anything is needed to unlock it. The fate-locked option requires you to be A Scholar of the Correspondence (1).

I believe the card is available anywhere in London. This may have changed since I played it, though.

It’s pretty rare. I took a few days to get it after it was released, and I think cards are always a lot more probable when you can first get them, so it might take some cardflipping to find.

It’s probably the best fate investment there is, as the results are fascinating, useful, they relate to other stories and the implications seem to go really deep.

[quote=M_L_G]You need to get the opportunity card ‘A Visit from a Cloaked Stranger’ and take the fate-locked option (20 Fate). The card requires “Making Progress in the Labyrinth of Tigers… 16”. I am not sure what else if anything is needed to unlock it. The fate-locked option requires you to be A Scholar of the Correspondence (1).

I believe the card is available anywhere in London. This may have changed since I played it, though.

It’s pretty rare. I took a few days to get it after it was released, and I think cards are always a lot more probable when you can first get them, so it might take some cardflipping to find.[/quote]

You can also ask your friendly neighbourhood coalman to open this content at your lodgings. But I’ve already bought this content and I still know no more about the Bishop than before. Of course I haven’t betrayed him to the devils, but why would anyone betray a man known for his Redemptive Piledriver?

Ah. Have you bred a stallion yet? That’s the unlock for the extra content.

I also have a question pertaining to this storyline. If I’ve unlocked the fate content, and I’ve agreed to go along with the Bishop’s plan, is there anything I can do to progress further?

Once you have made your final decision, I believe all you can do is wait for time to reach its verdict on the matter. And for new content to be released. :)

Briefly, but then I sacrificed it to make a Bifurcated Owl. I guess I’ll go acquire a new Tomb Lion, then.

Excellent. Thumping devils as we speak. Thanks for the help!

I’ve bred the Obstinate Stallion…twice. Once as part of obtaining a Bifurcated Owl, and again to obtain another copy of the Stallion after I’d bred the Owl. I suspect FBG is still writing up the next quantum of storylets involving His Grace.